2018 Sun Gypsy cruise

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
anchor watch.jpg Spent a night at the head of Port Neville. 40kts S.E. in Johnstone Straight. I let out an extra 60 ft. of rode before retiring.

Mar 15, 2013
Islander 32 mkll Comox Hrb.
If you talk to Piere, tell him Scott from the Sea Roamer says Hello. I did some dock work for him ten years ago, nice jovial character!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Michael it looks like a great wandering trip taking in the sights. So much fun.

Oct 22, 2014
Yes. Just got back from a family week at the coast. Checking out the Columbia Bar and the river delta. A fun stop at the Columbia River Maritime Museum.

Oct 22, 2014
Michael You may only need to wait until tomorrow about Noon. Looks like. A 16plus knot breeze out of the SE carrying you in a Northerly direction for most of the afternoon. Carrying on until 2 or so Wednesday Morning. Then it goes quiet for a while, Thursday afternoon you see a reversal and the breezes are going to come out of the NW.
Hope that fits into your sailing plans.

Jan 5, 2017
Wish I had a personal trip planner....
Isn't that great! Everyone should have one. Unfortunately I can't use it this time. Company coming and I think we will be doing a couple of museums in the area. Here for a few days.

Oct 22, 2014
Michael... You need to plan to sail when it is good to sail and plan to museum when it is calm and not sailing weather. Anything else is just plain wrong. :biggrin:

And Mark.. It was a good thing the way Michael helped a sailor find a great new prop...
Perhaps you can earn such honors on my next visit to Anacortes. I do love a good Stout, Porter or ale... :beer:;)

Jan 5, 2017
You need to plan to sail when it is good to sail and plan to museum when it is calm and not sailing weather. Anything else is just plain wrong. :biggrin:
I agree John but every once in awhile the Captain gets overruled by the Admiral!

Jan 5, 2017
Not a totally wasted day. The wind came with lots of rain so I did an oil change, found a fuel leak in a banjo joint and tightened a few hose clamps. Now it's time to relax!