343 mainsheet system

May 16, 2018
Beneteau 343 Owen Sound
Im a proud new B343 owner. Not so proud about having trouble rigging. The owners manual is not great for illustrating setup. If anyone could provide some photos of the mainsheet system, boom vang and lazy bag I would be ever in your debt. Thanks

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the Forum... IS everything disconnected and in pieces? Hang in there and someone with a B343 will shout an answer to you. Congrats on the new boat.

May 16, 2018
Beneteau 343 Owen Sound
Yeah, that is what I have in the manual as well. Good for the deck organizers and jammers but it’s the block system for the mainsheet has me stumped. Previous owner had everything in pieces and disconnected...and huge language barrier so not too helpful. My bad for not paying attention in 8th grade French

Oct 22, 2014
Images of the blocks on the boom and on the traveler will help. It can be worked out. The traveler and block system is not unique. The line runs between the boom and the traveler then along the boon to the mast and down through the base through the organizer.

John

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Congratulations on acquiring your new boat; hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine. Have to stop at the boat on way home this evening. Will get some photos & forward them to you.

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
You could go to yachtworld.com , do a 343 search and take a look at all the photos posted. I did that once.

Oct 22, 2014
So @DougM a tied to a single becket block on the traveler car, to a single aft block on th eboom back to the becket sheave, then up to the forward block on the boom to the turning block at the mast base and into the organizer on the port side of the cabin.
Is that correct?
Becket Block for traveler

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
So @DougM a tied to a single becket block on the traveler car, to a single aft block on th eboom back to the becket sheave, then up to the forward block on the boom to the turning block at the mast base and into the organizer on the port side of the cabin.
Is that correct?
Becket Block for traveler
That is correct,
I led the mainsheet to the port side so that I could free a cam cleat on the starboard side. I believe the manual originally showed the mainsheet led to the starboard side.
I used the starboard side to lead the outhaul, and the tack line for the gennaker back to the cockpit.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
OK, Here are some pics of the traveler, mainsheet, and vang on my 343. Hope this helps.
Couldn't help throwing in a pic of the "mascot".
049.JPG
060.JPG
061.JPG
064.JPG
071.JPG

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Thanks John. All of the polymer blocks are showing their age. Not ready to replace yet; hopefully I can get a few more years from them.

May 16, 2018
Beneteau 343 Owen Sound
May 16, 2018
Beneteau 343 Owen Sound
Good point, you’d think that would’ve occurred to me after the endless hours (years) I spent surfing yachtworld for my boat!