Boat Babe on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I did a bit of engine yoga today. I don't think anyone would want pictures.
Ditto extracting oil from my boating buddy's Pacific Seacraft 3GM tranny. Looked just like Steph's position, absent the view.

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
I have long been asked what I do professionally. Bottom line, I am a professional grain of sand. Like a grain of sand in an oyster, I provide a source of irritation that results in a beautiful pearl. Over time, I have attempted to create enough irritation to result in the pearl in for form of the Babe. Watching this tread slowly sink down the forum list, time for me to provide a little more irritation. We have suffered through a drought with lame excuses like having a new boat sailed across the ocean, creating awesome furniture for the interior of the boat, and a host of tasks related to preparation for an extended voyage. All this at the expense of what this thread is all about. Time to get back with program!!! Waiting for that pearl.

Jun 2, 2004
OK, this pearl is a bit slow in developing. We all know it will be a spectacular pearl when, one of this decades, it emerges, but I have come to the conclusion that there may be another issue. With all the expenses for the new boat and related outfitting, I have to assume that the Babe's camera fund must be depleted. Question of the day-do we need to start a Go Fund Me account to allow for the purchase of a new camera? Or, better yet, I would be glad to use a similar fund to drag my photo equipment to Florida to shadow the Babe so that we can restore this site to its original purpose:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
This conversation is starting to become tedious. Our problem, as a thread, is that we haven't demonstrated bench strength. Our expectations put unfair stress on the original Boat Babe. Our demands are never ending. Certainly over the years she has always come through for us when we were in need. Even so, we need bench strength for the future. I suggest we establish a "Boat Babe Draft", where the thread then has the opportunity to draft future Boat Babes to learn and develop under the guidance of the thread. What do you think?

Jun 2, 2004
Leave it to Rick to bring us back to center. As I recall, the first of 113 pages and a record viewing history included a challenge by the Babe to share the wealth. In the early days, there were some takers and the site flourished, but ultimately, the Babe ended up carrying the load over the years. Maybe the Babe just needs to step up to the plate with the long awaited 2018 version, complete with a match challenge for all takers.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
One possibility not discussed.... The cost of the new boat was so expensive that there was no money left in the account for bikinis.
For all we know she may be on the boat floating around the Caribbean starkers... Nude... not a stitch...
Totally sunburned to a crisp. Poor girl.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
One possibility not discussed.... The cost of the new boat was so expensive that there was no money left in the account for bikinis.
For all we know she may be on the boat floating around the Caribbean starkers... Nude... not a stitch...
Totally sunburned to a crisp. Poor girl.
Ok, confession time. When I was in St. Aug a couple of weeks ago, I walked by their store. Then I went, wait, I know this name. So my wife and I went inside. Met a very nice guy who worked there. I explained my connection, both as a potential client (they sent me a quote last year) and a follower of Brian and Steph on this site. We talked about the new boat. After a few minutes, the guy apparently decided I was an ok guy, with an ok wife, and he said, in a conspiratorial voice:
"If you walk down the street, to our other location next to [location redacted, as this is the internet], I'm pretty sure Stephanie is there. Actually, I know she's there".

I was torn. I explained to Karen who Steph was, and the significance of this thread to this community, and the importance of Steph to HER community. Karen left it up to me. I decided that it would only come across as creepy to Steph, so we continued back to the boat. But man, it would have been cool to post a pic here of me and the Boat Babe.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Ok, confession time. I decided that it would only come across as creepy to Steph, so we continued back to the boat. But man, it would have been cool to post a pic here of me and the Boat Babe.
SFS, what is your IQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.