How Old Test

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Sometimes I think Will is a Wantabe Old guy...trapped in a young mans body...
Then there are the wantabe young guys trapped in old guys bones.
I even remember seeing a Burma Shave series when on a road trip as a kid. There are places and people who keep those things alive still. Slept in a cement teepee motor lodge in Arizona only a couple of years ago.
As a kid, I watched the Howdy Doodie show and listened to the Shadow and Amos and Andy on late night public radio too.

- Will (Dragonfly)

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I guess I’m younger than most here. Don’t remember butch wax. But I did have a great fro in collage

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You could wax your side chops...Really give you that Einstein visage.

Dec 28, 2009
Macgregor M25 trailer
I had a 53 Studebaker hardtop, with a bored and stroked Crysler hemi, 671 gm blower and Hilborn injectors.
I didn't get passed very often. I'd just finished painting it, 20+ coats of gold metallic black, hand rubbed in between coats. Went in the army before I did the interior, and sold it.

I'm a real old fart I remember all of them and more.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
16 of 17! No memory of Blackjack gum.

Funny I scored so high, I'm only 50. Roughly half the age of most of you geezers.

May 25, 2004
Hunter 25.5 Panama City, FL
16 out of 17. Our small town did not offer milk delivery, however we did have milk in bottle in the lunchroom at elementary school. And what about the Edsel? Kind of like the Studebaker...short lived.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I guess I’m younger than most here. Don’t remember butch wax. But I did have a great fro in collage
Ha, I don't remember Butch Wax either. I thought it was a typo for Butcher's Wax, I use that on my saws' table surfaces. What we had when I was a kid was Greasy Kid Stuff.
I use to watch the Little Rascals too and Alfalfa just used lard to put that spike in his hair.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Last edited:

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I try not to remember Boone's Farm or Ripple. :puke:
+1
I scored 16 (Blackjack Gum?) and remember most of what was mentioned in the following posts. Just don't ask me what I had for breakfast.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
For those too young to remember Blackjack Gum, it was a black licorice flavored gum. The big deal was to put the gum over your front teeth to make it look as if your teeth were missing.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
"I guess this is as far as we can go without more money." My mom everytime I turned off the car.