Inverter/Chargerdoes all my charging

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I have 2007 H-36 with a Xantrex 2000 Freedom inverter/charger and remote,it automatically turns on the charging mode when ever the shore power plug is unplugged
and than replug it in it goes to charge mode automatically.
I have 2 big solar panels that keep batteries charged and keep refegerator on 24/7 so
I rather not use the charger and think of changing the way it is wired to the inverter/charger and thinking of disconnecting it and running 110 power from a it’s own
breaker from my panel 110 side and this way when not at the boat keep it the breaker off.
Nick

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
It would seem, it would be programmable NOT to default to Charge mode.
RTFM Brian, F stands for Funny. :)

On my Freedom 15, PRE X!!!, without my Link 2000 it WOULD default to charging.

I do not know what the remote does, since I don't have one.

RTFM.

Please.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I am thinking disconnect the 110 power to it and than I do have spare spot to add
circuit breaker and run 110 power to inverter/charge and keep breaker off when not on boat
or when not needing charger or inverter.
Am I forgetting some thing doing this.
Nick

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I think I can turn mine OFF on the Remote panel.o_O
I will be on the boat tomorrow, so I will Read The FUNNY Manual to find out more.:)
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The Admiral went to our Stash of paper manuals and found the Funny Manual. I then remembered I had a .pdf version on my laptop, then I RTFM.

No way to change default.:sosad:
Why?
When you apply External AC to the boat, the Freedom 2000 detects it and opens the Shore to Invert
Transfer Switch.
Preventing the AND and does the OR function. Shore OR Invert. Not Shore AND Invert.:doh:

So the only way to STOP the Charge is to manually push the button.

Am I forgetting some thing doing
You could be.
You may have to split the AC depending on your AC shore power Amps. In other words one 20 amp breaker does not cover a 30+ Amp shore power line.
______
1. DC to AC power inverting.
2. Automatic transfer switching between inverter power and incoming AC power.
3. Automatic 3-Stage Battery charging plus manual battery equalizing.

The Freedom Inverter/Charger provides 120 volt AC power from auxiliary DC batteries, automatic battery charging and automatic AC transfer switching between an external AC source and inverter mode.

External AC Power

When external AC power is available, the 3-stage battery charger, transfer switching, and Power Sharing automatically function.

If a 30 ampere service supplies the inverter/charger, additional 20 ampere (15 ampere in Canada) maximum branch circuit rated circuit breakers will be required between the inverter/charger and the loads.

Jim...

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I have a separate 120V breaker on my panel for the charger so I can turn it off.