VIN number?

Jun 6, 2004
- - San Diego
My city property tax bill on my boat arrived with my Hunter vessel number but it also included "VIN" which I don't remember giving. Also I don't even know there was one. Nor do I know where it might be shown aboard. Anyone know where that is shown aboard?

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Look at the starboard stern. It’s called a HIN on a boat built after 1972.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
On my Hunter 430 it is on the Port Stern Hull located inside the cockpit Lazarette. Mine is in the same locker as the emergency tiller.
Jim...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Wait a minute. You get a property tax bill for your boat? What about cars?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Wait a minute. You get a property tax bill for your boat? What about cars?
Yes, in CA, we get a property tax bill for the boat. I also get a "possessory tax" bill for the privilege of renting my slip.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Seriously? Possessory Tax for property you don't even own. Wow! I can only hope CA politicians don't confer with NY politicians but I think they will somehow get together when it comes to revenue.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Seriously? Possessory Tax for property you don't even own. Wow! I can only hope CA politicians don't confer with NY politicians but I think they will somehow get together when it comes to revenue.
This is exactly why you don’t want them to take the guns away. :stir:

Jun 6, 2004
- - San Diego
This is NOT the same number as my boat's vessel number or HIN (which as someone noted is on the starboard side stern). The tax bill is on my boat, which I of course own. I am in San Diego.