What’s wrong with this picture?

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
It’s missing “The Hoople”... no balance in the boat name. Also the boat brand is quite misleading based on the OP’s image.

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
It’s missing “The Hoople”... no balance in the boat name. Also the boat brand is quite misleading based on this image.

I missed that. In fact, I missed ole Mott for their entire career. I woulda never heard of them if not for XM radio. And all they play is “All the Young Dudes.” Weird stuff. But I gave up my subscription and now play my iPod a lot. (Original issue.) All the hits all the time.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Apparently this boat, or at least the trailer, is designed to do wheelies. At most take your head off when you attempt to hook up to the the truck hitch? Looks like an easy fix as you have pointed out originally @Kermit.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Nothing!!! Go online and look at other pictures of the same boat on the trailer and you will find many sitting just like that on the trailer. Maybe all of the ballast is in the forward part of the keel. I've got 5' of keel after the ballast stops on a 9' keel. I have jack stands under the rear of a boat with 1000# of tongue weight to take weight off the tires during storage. Maybe after the new tongue jack was installed (and I will jump to a conclusion here since it seems to be in fashion) and it had been sitting on that block, he didn't want to carry a 28 # block back to trip on it in the garage. I guess I think different than the rest of you. Humm, and I like that...;)

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Not enough information, the cinder block and the jack stands could be there to allow the owner to get on board without having the trailer do a wheelie. I can't tell from the picture if at least half of the keel is forward of the axle and God knows what could be stored in the cabin for travel. The load is balanced when the desired tongue weight is attained and the trailer rails are parallel to a flat and level ground. Adjustments can be made by moving the boat back and forth or moving the axle back and forth. Small adjustments in tongue weight can be made by moving the hitch ball up or down.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
I've got another question about what might be wrong with this boat / trailer combination. What is the maximum overhang past the trailer or lights that is allowed? This is one of those questions that would probably vary by state. I doubt if law enforcement would stop you, but a good attorney would have you on the ropes if there client got smashed in the face with that engine mount. A large overhang is probably present on 90% of the sailboat trailers on the road. I've always been concerned with this issue and have designed or re-designed trailers to fix the problem. I made a nice light bar that would hang on the back of my old San Juan 21 but it was close to the 60" height limit on brake / tail lights here in AZ.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
easier to launch as it sits so high on the trailer but the overhang is probably too much and in VA you would receive a ticket for that. It also will cause the boat to sway too much on single axle with weight too far back. I could go on but the first thing is to mover that boat up on the trailer and then figure a way to make an extension and then go have fun.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
The boom is missing? and so is the outboard?

Sorry. My dad was forever telling me, "Everybody likes a little ass but no one likes a smart ass." Never did learn that lesson.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
On my 18 and now my 23 I use a jack stand at the back end. My 200 lbs is enough to pull a wheelie when climbing boarding ladder.