Any good boat lift designs for small sailboats Sea Pearl 21 santana 23 ETC

Feb 7, 2013
Transcat 48 Fla
Boats that have lifting dagger board and rudders. Might be some designs I don't know about.
I will have to have one installed at new home and looking for ideas for one and feature it
should have.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
When I was looking into building a lift for my boat @Crazy Dave Condon suggested building the cradle to match the trailer. Made perfect sense to me.

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Boat jacks work nicely, and you would not be “installing” them. They are portable. When I had a C22, I used a cradle for the stern and boatjacks for the bow. I lowered the trailer jack to the ground, slid the cradle under the stern, and raised the trailer jack. This effectively held the boat between the bow roller and the cradle. Next, I placed a flat boat jack stand on each side of the bow outside the width of the trailer. I then slid a 10’ 6x6 timber under the bow and put it on the jacks. I used the jacks to lift the bow. The I removed the trailer. I then supported the boat with stands. I don’t think I would do this with any boat larger than that.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You ask for several different boats. Are you a builder or contractor? Why asked is the approach to this for various and not one specific boat. Please provide further details

Feb 7, 2013
Transcat 48 Fla
You ask for several different boats. Are you a builder or contractor? Why asked is the approach to this for various and not one specific boat. Please provide further details
I was thinking about maybe buying a Santana 23D if I found one in great condition or might go for a Sea Pearl 21. Im sure there are some lift builders in Saint James City that have built some for sailboats.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The SeaPearl uses leeboards. Space the bunks or straps accordingly. If you put this boat on a lift you will need to set it up with a full all-weather cover. It is not self-draining.

Feb 7, 2013
Transcat 48 Fla
The SeaPearl uses leeboards. Space the bunks or straps accordingly. If you put this boat on a lift you will need to set it up with a full all-weather cover. It is not self-draining.
Thanks for the info about that.