Sailing/Eating destinations? PacNW

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I saw this topic on the Destination’s thread focused on the east coast.

Thought this could be valuable to us Pacific NW Sailors to share our best ideas.

I’ll start with
Port Townsend.
  • Cottage Cafe for breakfast and lunch.
  • Khu Larb Thai for a tasty dinner

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
Montague Harbour Marina and take the Hummingbird bus to the Pub.
Genoa Bay for the Genoa Bay Café

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Oh boy. So many choices.
Costa del Sol Latin Cuisine, Powell River
Frida's Mexican Cuisine, Anacortes
Many others depending on your culinary desires. Anthony's is always a good fall back.

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
In Ladysmith Maya Norte has the best Mexican I've had in the Pacific NW. It's a small restaurant, about 15 minute walk from the Maritime History Marina that is unbelievably good. The Fox and Hounds Pub, and the Old Time Bakery are also excellent in town.

In Cowichan Bay I love the Rock Cod Cafe.

In Genoa Bay the Genoa Bay Cafe is reason enough to spend a night or two at that marina. Breakfast on the dock level, lunch and dinner in the restaurant overlooking the bay.

On Thetis Island, the pie lady who sells on the weekend farmers market is awesome.

We loved visiting the Hummingbird Pub near Montague Harbour.

If you are in Nanaimo and rent a car or have friends/taxi to drive you out, The Crow and Gate Pub is well worth visiting. The shortest drive would be from the Paige Point Marina across the bay from Ladysmith. Visiting this pub is really like entering a time machine back to old England. It's my favourite pub on the Island.

In Sidney, Bistro Suisse makes the best schnitzel I've had on the Island. Nice staff, great food.

Sidney, Nanaimo, and Victoria all have so many options there isn't enough space here. The above are our favourites.

Last edited:
May 10, 2004
Hunter 340 Bremerton, WA up from Woodland
Hands down, The Laughing Oyster, down Okeover Inlet, East of Lund.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Okay John, just for throwing down the gauntlet :stir: my contribution to that Destination Site was as follows:

"Well, do I have the place for you; very low cost of living, and as far as cuisine goes, crab right beneath your boat. A short dinghy row ashore for fresh shucked oysters. Throw a line in and dinner on a hook just for the catch of it. No luck finding an eatery nearby, however. But a perfect place to get away from it all...right here." http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/03/lasqueti-island-off-the-grid-documentary_n_6793446.html

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
Stonehouse restaurant and pub canoe cove, Swartz Bay, BC.
Breakfast at Blue Moose Cafe, Port Townsend

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
When I had a boat on the Columbia River I always liked pulling up to “The Cedars” dock and go for a drink or two. They had good food back then also. It also helped my slip was less than 1/8 mile away.

Les

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Dinghy Dock Pub in Nanaimo remains among our favorite spots, especially on Wednesday, which is race day. Start and finish line begin in front of the Pub. If you can find a spot on the deck, there you can have a front row seat eating and drinking while enjoying the race. Anchor out in Mark Bay makes for a short dinghy ride to the Pub.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Where is the Blue Moose in PT?
The Blue Moose is basically next to the boatyard at the boat haven in the Port of Port Townsend. It's definitely worth a visit;). Great local atmosphere & trappings. Many original breakfast ideas and choices. Coffee is good; food is great. Cash or check only. Funny little poster there kept me chuckling through breakfast. "There are three kinds of people in the world today-- the Have, the Have Not, and the Have Not Paid for What They Have!"

Last edited: