Bottom paint

Jul 29, 2012
hunter 37 cherubini Apollo Beach
I know this is a loaded question but what is the best bottom paint/process money can buy?

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I'm just up the coast from you and I use Seahawk ablative. Supposed to be formulated for these waters. I use my boat at least once a week and the ablative keeps it clean without having to dive and clean. As far as process, I have the yard do it. About every 5-7 years.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I know this is a loaded question but what is the best bottom paint/process money can buy?
The answer to your question is: LOCAL.
The waters YOU sail in and your FRIENDS sail in determines what is effective for that particular area. Your local boatyard and boating neighbors can tell you.
There is NO one-size-fits-all answer to your question.
When I lived in Northern California, there was one paint that worked for me and my neighbors, so we used it.
When I moved here and asked about paint, I listened and learned: the formulation is different, the water's colder, the environmental rules are different, and SO IS THE PAINT (that I will use in April).
Ask around.
Good luck.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
:plus: What Stu said. The Canadian stores still sell the high copper content ablatives that keeps the bottom of the Canadian Navy clean.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I thought you did Meriachee. They drive their boats about in Haro Strait and Area W in the Strait of Georgia. Pretty arrogant about it. Warning private boats out of their space. Something about guns... and exploding ordinance.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Yeah, like these guys can afford much more than a case of pop to use as depth charges.