1980 Hunter 37C Mast

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
The original mast is a Kenyon 5280 section - RigRite sells parts (or did the last time I needed parts many years ago). If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find the mast step K10436. I am guessing that's what you are looking for when you say "the foot"?

You should register your boat in the H37C database - all that info is available there.

Jul 29, 2012
hunter 37 cherubini Apollo Beach
The original mast is a Kenyon 5280 section - RigRite sells parts (or did the last time I needed parts many years ago). If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find the mast step K10436. I am guessing that's what you are looking for when you say "the foot"?

You should register your boat in the H37C database - all that info is available there.
Cant seem to find the database or any way to register. Help?

Jun 8, 2004
Due to corrosion of the bottom of the mast we had the end cut off and the K-1038 installed to make up the length.
I still have the piece that was removed, could measure it up for you.
Another owner posted about cutting off the corroded section here

Jul 29, 2012
hunter 37 cherubini Apollo Beach
Thanks for everyones help, just about ready to gather the parts and start this project.

One last question, the bolts holding the foot plate to the hull, Does the bolt/threaded rod extend down into the keel, are they tightly secured, no chance of pulling them loose ?
I've been smothering them with PB blaster over the last few weeks. Hopefully they will break free easily

Jun 8, 2004
On my boat, which is the deep draft model, the bolts securing the mast step are actually keel bolts and extend right into the lead. Looking at the pictures in Mathurin's thread, it appears that at least one of the bolts for the mast step assembly is a keel bolt (the forward one) but I'm not sure about the two smaller ones.