O'Day 272 Owners Manual

Feb 8, 2018
O'Day 272 Jordan Creek
Sailors - I just purchased a 1988 O'Day 272 in December and would really like to know the schemata for plumbing and electrical. Do any of you have an owners manual I could pay you to copy or scan? Or if you have another lead for a manual.

George
Jordan Creek, NC (Off the Pungo)

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Yes, I have a 272 owner's manual....do you want the entire manual or just the schematic drawings for plumbing & elec....
my manual is getting tattered and torn, but it does contain good information....The owner's manual is broken into information on the standard model and then additional information which covers the LE model w/wheel steering, inboard diesel and electrical / battery information. If you can provide me with an address I can have the sections you desire printed and mail them to you....thinking about it there is a small section w/ various capacities, etc....such as water, fuel, etc.
Patrick

Feb 8, 2018
O'Day 272 Jordan Creek
Yes, I have a 272 owner's manual....do you want the entire manual or just the schematic drawings for plumbing & elec....
my manual is getting tattered and torn, but it does contain good information....The owner's manual is broken into information on the standard model and then additional information which covers the LE model w/wheel steering, inboard diesel and electrical / battery information. If you can provide me with an address I can have the sections you desire printed and mail them to you....thinking about it there is a small section w/ various capacities, etc....such as water, fuel, etc.
Patrick
I would love the whole manual and would be glad to pay for copying and mailing. This would be a life saver (perhaps really). I could then scan the manual and make it available to others through this forum. Let me know how we can work this out. Thank you. George

Feb 8, 2018
O'Day 272 Jordan Creek
Patrick.

I will go with the download suggested by Dave. Thank you for responding

Apr 28, 2015
O'Day 272 Lake Mendota / Mazanet Marina
Good morning Pat. If possible, I would love a copy of the 272 manual as well. We purchased Water Music two seasons ago and she didn't come with a manual. I will obviously pay for copying and postage, as well. Thank you in advance! Gary

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Can't you load that 272 manual to the Boat Info tab at the top?

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
I found a copy posted somewhere, as I downloaded it on-line, large file as it is about 86 pages (2 - 43 page files). It was in PDF format. I actually thought I found it in the Boat Info section, but it isn't there?

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I went thru a portion of my manual last evening....it is in a 3 ring binder and to copy it would be a week-long nightmare...
I regret saying all that, but there is so much information that it took me over an hour just to strum thru a portion of the actual manual....so please forgive me for getting everyone excited....but you'll have a much better copy if you purchase the original manual from Sailboat Owners.com.....I've got tons of stuff about the wheel steering, tons of stuff about the Raritan
Head, and it just goes on and on..........the schematics you desire are in the manual for water, electric, etc.....So please accept my apology ....If you ever need something in particular let me know, but my 200 pages of manuals, etc. is just too much for me....I have a lot of information as well on the Edson Steering system, head, thru hulls, etc...I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....Patrick

Jun 2, 2004
Can't you load that 272 manual to the Boat Info tab at the top?
I'm trying but so far no luck, for some reason the site keeps telling me that my login doesn't match any usernames?? Funny, I have no trouble logging into this Forum?
I'll keep trying!!

This is what I get when I try to upload the file:
Sorry, we could not associate your login with a username. Please complain to customer service

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
SUCESS!
I was able to upload the 272 Owners Manual in 2 parts to the Boat Info section!
It is in 2 parts, 43 pages each. Someone (not me!) spent a lot of time scanning this!

Feb 8, 2018
O'Day 272 Jordan Creek
After reading the O’Day 272 manual I want to thank Sunbird for the time and effort of uploading this. I’m sure it will help me avoid pitfalls in my busy year of sailing ahead.

River Rat Yacht Club off the Pungo ICW

Mar 5, 2018
Oday 272 BLSA.us at Hanna Creek
Thank you for uploading the Oday 272 Owner Operating Manual. I've been online searching since fall 2017 ~ can't believe someone has a monopoly on Oday owner manuals / documents. Thanks again...big help.