Most Beautiful Boat?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Back to beauty. I think the Concordia Yawl is hard to beat on esthetics. Not a ship of course but we're not limited to that. It's hard to note from pictures but the stern is really very petite. There's a lot going on there with the mizzen mast and planking. It is beautiful in an organic way. The beauty is in the eloquence and functional simplicity of the design. I would also nominate the Schooner Brilliant but I have no pics to submit. How about this Wooden Boat Works creation from here in Aquabogue? Craftsmanship!

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
.... I adore the Bark Eagle from the Coast Guard Academy. ...
CWO Spencer M. Greer, (Sailmaster of the USCG Cutter Barque EAGLE, at port in Baltimore) will speak at our Singles on Sailboats brunch on the 21st in Annapolis. Looking forward to it!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
USCG Eagle has been in Greenport many times. Beautiful. And it's great to see the "Kids" or cadets manning it. I wish I had been smart enough in my youth to join them.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH

S&S racer named Blitzed. Prettiest boat I have ever been aboard. She did not look this good when I knew her.
This is the boat I helped my father, along with the rest of my family, deliver from where she was found drifting, without her owner, around 1978, off the Texas coast to Clearwater Florida. My family and I joined my father in New Orleans where a number of mishaps and broken equipment forced the owner's widow and my father to call for a tow into port. We sailed her as far as Mobile Bay where a storm cut her anchor rode and we ended up on a sand bar in the middle of the night. I don't believe Dotti, the widow, ever got her farther than Mobile Bay. My father likes to tell people that Blitzen was cursed.
Her husband was affectionately known as "Hippy Fred" to us Gilmores, and I remember he made a living building custom chopper motorcycles in a little shop annexed to Clark Mill's Marine Ways. He had a dog named Snidely, a tall lanky white dog with black spots and a whip tail. Snidely had been known, if he didn't like you, to catch you at the end of a finger dock and chest-check you into the water. You could practically see him brushing the dirt off his paws as he mosied back to his spot in front of Hippy Fred's garage.

-Will (Dragonfly)

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
you can book a sail on the Niagara yourself , they have day sails and also longer multi day work day sails. it's berthed in our home port of Erie most of the time.

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
I'll register a vote for Endeaver the J boat in a tie with America the replica of the original.

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Thats' easy for me. Bluenose, built in 1921 in Lunenburg Nova Scotia as a fishing and racing schooner. It went on to dominate the International Fishermans Trophy, much to the chagrin of the Americans, until 1937 when fishing boats turned to power rather than sail. The Bluenose also became a sense of pride for the Canadians and is still on our dime today.
I went out on the Bluenose II went it was in Toronto when I was 5 and I think is when I became smitten with sailboats and had a picture of Bluenose on my wall for many years.

200330654.jpg

s398947653101099670_p57_i1_w720.jpeg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Those were, are some of the most magnificent and beautiful boats to ever float.
My family sailed to Maine from Florida when I was 14. The Bluenose II was in Camden harbor, along with several others. They certainly had an effect on me. :clap:

- Will (Dragonfly)

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Funny this was, my Mother told me that I got seasick when we went out on the Bluenose II...... Didn't seem to deter my love of boats.....

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Immediately after my time as a Dental Tech in Newport, we took a cruise on the schooner Shenandoah which sails out of Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts. While we plied the islands of Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, the experience was highlighted by visiting the beautiful villages and towns of the available ports....we would be awakened each morning to the call of reverie and immediately head to the main deck to help raise the sails on this beautiful boat which is still offering sailors and the inquisitive an opportunity to go back in time to the golden days of sailing....Food is cooked on a
coal stove (I think) and dinner often served on the gimbaled table while singing sea songs being played (often by me) on the
pump organ....what a memory! If your interested the weeks cruise is still one of the best bargains in sailing....few of us are able to relive the golden days of wooden schooners and sail as it was back then, but I can still hear the haunting hymn
Amazing Grace that was sung by the young crew and played on the bagpipes by a lone piper stationed on the bow of the boat.....( I know there is a better name for the front walk on a schooner) but the sound was haunting....Captain Robert Douglas is the owner of the boat and the Coastwise Packet Company still takes care of all the details....the black dog is
still there I'm sure. Sorry to bore everyone...Patrick Coulter