What's UP? Dock?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is 'UP.'

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP?
At a meeting, why does a topic come UP?
Why do we speak UP and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UPto the secretary to write UP a report?
We call UP our friends.
And we use it to brighten UPa room, polish UP the silver; we warm UPthe leftovers and clean UPthe kitchen.
We lock UPthe house and some guys fix UP the our boats.

At other times the little word has real special meaning.
People stir UPtrouble, line UPfor tickets, work UPan appetite, and think UPexcuses.
To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UPis special.
A drain must be opened UPbecause it is stopped UP.
We open UPa store in the morning but we close it UPat night.

We seem to be pretty mixedUPaboutUP!
To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UPin the dictionary.
In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UPalmost 1/4th of the page and can add UPto about thirty definitions.
If you are UPto it, you might try building UPa list of the many ways UPis used.
It will take UPa lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UPwith a hundred or more. When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP.
When the sun comes out we say it is clearing UP.When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes thingsUP.When it doesn't rain for a while, things dry UP.

One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP,
for now my time is UP, so.......it is time to shut UP!
Now it's UPto you what you do with besides study UP on this post.

I am UP to late
Jim...

PS: UP spelled backwards is PU.. just like this post.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
oof too deep for me. All I know is that once you leave earth there is no up, or down, or north south, east west, left right....

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
We went UP on deck to see the
TEAR in our Sail and we shed a TEAR.
We also had trouble with too much WIND in our main sail to WIND it UP in the in-mast furling.
The OBJECT of this post was not to OBJECT to humor here.
So...
There is not time like the PRESENT to PRESENT me with a PRESENT.:pimp:
Jim...

PS: Put UP or shush UP.:stir:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
oof too deep for me. All I know is that once you leave earth there is no up, or down, or north south, east west, left right....
So... Which way do you zip your space suit? The confusion could could lead you UP the wrong road and you could wind UP OUT of your suit when you wanted to be IN it.

When James is in trouble, I am not slow. So it's UP UP UP and aWaY WE gOooo.
If you retitle this thread, you could call it One-UPsmanship.
While UP seems to be limitless in bounds, UP TO is very limiting. However, it is either inclusive or exclusive (not to bring politics UP)
Tie me kangaroo UP to tie me kangaroo down:confused:

Do any of these live UP to your standards, do they JIBE with the context you put UP?
You'll now have to put UP with a little GYBE now and then, but it's better than when the wind UP and shifts, causing you to GIBE DOWN wind. That'll really wake you UP or make you UP side down

We are really playing it UP with the word play.
So drink up, bottoms UP:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

-Will (Dragonfly)