Most Beautiful Boat?

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Hey Everyone,

So recently me and a few of my crew members at the Elissa were discussing which boat we thought was the most beautiful. Of course, we ended up agreeing to disagree, but I just thought it would be interesting to see what you all thought! My personal is the Pride of Baltimore II.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Thank you, Simon. We take pride in our boat. Once, when the Great Schooner Race was close to start time, The pride of Baltimore came toward us from under the Bay Bridge under full sail, with nary a wrinkle in the canvas. What a sight to behold! Of course, the 30 other schooners were eye candy, also. The Race start is the Thursday after Columbus Day, goes overnight to Norfolk, VA.

Nov 1, 2017
Thank you, Simon. We take pride in our boat. Once, when the Great Schooner Race was close to start time, The pride of Baltimore came toward us from under the Bay Bridge under full sail, with nary a wrinkle in the canvas. What a sight to behold! Of course, the 30 other schooners were eye candy, also. The Race start is the Thursday after Columbus Day, goes overnight to Norfolk, VA.
Good Heavens! I should hope to catch that race start one year!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Gotta drop another vote for the PoB. On our way on Kestrel to the Duluth MN Tall Ships Expo of 2016, she rocketed by us while beam reaching into port. Later I snapped this picture as we made our way to our guest slip. Beautiful boat.

IMG_3333.jpg

Nov 1, 2017
Gotta drop another vote for the PoB. On our way on Kestrel to the Duluth MN Tall Ships Expo of 2016, she rocketed by us while beam reaching into port. Later I snapped this picture as we made our way to our guest slip. Beautiful boat.

View attachment 145385
Ahhh, yes, the Brig Niagara! She is beautiful!

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
WOW, this one looks like a custom build! Beautiful interior, and the exterior appeals to the eye of simplicity! VERY nice!
And built with modern materials and features using traditional techniques. I believe the one pictured was built in 2012.

spirit-yachts-60DH-drawing-860x1125.jpg

Nov 8, 2010
And built with modern materials and features using traditional techniques. I believe the one pictured was built in 2012.
I has a friend that owned a Spirit. Regular sloop model. Says it was the wettest boat he'd ever owned.

Dec 19, 2014
Tartan 30 Baltimore
We sail out of the Baltimore Harbor and the Pride is around quite a lot. They have a devious way of blasting their cannons right when we don't expect it. It surely gets your attention. We love to see her out under full sail. We were headed down to Annapolis in about a 15kt breeze and she was headed north up the bay. Absolutely gorgeous. (and moving at an amazing clip!)

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
Pretty sure that's Ni

View attachment 145385
I'm, pretty sure that's Niagara. If you look closely the shroud attachment to the hull is different on PoB.

Nov 8, 2010
Pretty sure that's Ni

I'm, pretty sure that's Niagara. If you look closely the shroud attachment to the hull is different on PoB.
Really? After all that?? ;^) I sailed farther down the line and grabbed the wrong first picture! You can see both in the latter shot!

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
Here are two shots of Niagara from our trip down the St. Claire river in 2011.
DSC_0682.JPG DSC_0680.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Here are two shots of Niagara form our trip down the St. Claire river in 2011.
No you guys are right.... In my haste I grabbed the wrong shot for my first pic. This is the one I wanted. You can see both boats in my shot in the post about yours.

IMG_3326.jpg