Boom.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
British magazine's reporting (using a rigged test boat) about what can happen with a propane leak inside the cabin, I think..

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
@Simon Sexton , I appreciate your enthusiasm as a new member, but you need to know that all of these things appeared in the SBO forums at least several times, the first usually within minutes of it being published or happening! ;^)

Look for NEW news, its much more interesting!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
British magazine's reporting (using a rigged test boat) about what can happen with a propane leak inside the cabin, I think..
I don't think the British are use to the U.S. term to make some cash by "parting out" the boat.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
It looked like the safest place to be was in the head taking a dump.
I like how they had the boat drifting out there, top blown off, with two perfectly good horseshoe preservers attached to the stern rail.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Ain't old news if one has not seen it. Sometimes we need to be reminded regularly of dangers below decks.

RE: wooden pieces.......covers for lockers below bunks?

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
@Simon Sexton , I appreciate your enthusiasm as a new member, but you need to know that all of these things appeared in the SBO forums at least several times, the first usually within minutes of it being published or happening! ;^)

Look for NEW news, its much more interesting!
Yeah, I just thought this was cool! XD

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Final part of a lengthly series of disaster documentations done by Yachting Monthly. They rolled it over previously with cameras mounted all around the interior. Very educational series. They take boating much more seriously in the UK.
We've subscribed to YM and to PBO for quite a while. Nothing really compares to them from the US "coffee table charter promotion" magazines, strictly IMHO.
Also, fwiw, I have visited a boat destroyed at the dock the night before by a propane explosion. Peeled the deck back over the front of the still-attached bow pulpit. Kind of like a lid peeled back on an old fashioned sardine can.
We walked under the inverted deck above/across the head walk. No fire, however .
It was quite sobering.
(That hull was later rebuilt - new deck and rig - and relaunched named, of course, the "Phoenix". )