One for the experts

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
Having Google'd this thread with no easy conclution and me just a newbe looking for interesting information.
Being a new owner of a H260 I am very interested it the build models, therefore who knows production figures of the H260 and also other models in case of other peeps being interested in the subject.
This may be one for Crazy Dave??

Nov 10, 2017
Oh well, I suppose that has answered that . . . . I'll just have to remain curious !

Nov 10, 2017
Why don't you call Hunter and ask them?
Not that important really. I just thought someone out there would know. I have no idea whether it's hundreds or thousands worldwide. In the UK, yacht owners clubs seem to have all this info to hand and all the mods through the years. It was easy with my last, there was only 27 built. It's OK though, I'll just stay curious.

May 6, 2004
- - Potomac
My H240 is hull number 405 (I think). It's a 2004 and was one of (if not the) last boats to leave the factory. Not sure on the 260s.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Dave could correct me on this but a five year run that was stopped because the margin on each boat sold was low. not because the model was not popular .
their are several boats in Europe that come from Poland that are similar but cost significantly more.

Nov 10, 2017
Dave could correct me on this but a five year run that was stopped because the margin on each boat sold was low. not because the model was not popular .
their are several boats in Europe that come from Poland that are similar but cost significantly more.
Thank you to the guys that are answering. I have no idea's on number on either side of the pond.
Poland seems to be the epicentre of boat manufacturing in the EU these days, boasting 84 boatbuilders. They also make Mono and Multi hulls for other builders throughout the EU.

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
You could also try sailboatdata.com and see if there is anything listed there.

Nov 10, 2017
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The Hunter 26 and 260 hulls were the same using the same patterned molds. I say that as molds would wear out and new ones built. The Hunter 26 was around 1000 and the 260 1200 plus but cannot remember exactly the last hull number. I should know as I got the very last 260 from Hunter as a dealer plus the first one as well. The 260 was stopped by Luhrs corporate at a huge mistake as Hunter wanted to continue the boat or 260

Nov 10, 2017
Thank you CD, I knew I'd get you round to spilling some history and it's little stories like your last sentence that makes it all the more interesting, well for me anyway. I take it that the Luhrs decision came from the accountants office rather than the commonsense dept?