Forum questions, comments, and complaints

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
Can anyone give me a link for instructions on how to embed and link pictures ?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If you have the URL copied to your clipboard, you can click on the little picture icon above, between the smiley face and the film strip. If it's your file, when you use the upload file button at the bottom, you'll be given a choice to make the file a thumbnail or full image. Pick full image to make it look like this:
20171128_145359.jpg
or pick thumbnail to make it look like this: 20171114_053332.jpg

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
But pick the thumbnail so that people with low bandwidth can make the choice to view or not.

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
Thanks for the info. I need to compress my jpegs b/c they are all over 2.4 meg in size which is the limit.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Hi @Phil Herring I tried to send a PM to "DArcy, Islay Mist" but it would not go through.
Is there something wrong with the user ID or is Canada now a "Persona non Grata" country?:yikes:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi @Phil Herring I tried to send a PM to "DArcy, Islay Mist" but it would not go through.
Is there something wrong with the user ID or is Canada now a "Persona non Grata" country?:yikes:
I recently changed the PM settings so it's possible to send a single PM to more than one user. But because users on the PM list are separated by commas, a username _with_ a comma in it cannot receive a PM. Makes sense!

I changed DArcy's username froma to comma a dash and successfully got a test through. Bottom line, it should work now.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Thanks Phil.. I got a PM from DArcy and he told me the same info. Glad it was not a conspiracy involving our Canadian Friends... :biggrin:

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Can photos be uploaded for gear ads that do not reside on another server? The instructions seem to imply that I cannot post a photo unless it's already posted somewhere. I have photos, but they reside on my computer and not on another server.
Thanks
Dan

Dan_Y

Oct 13, 2008
Hunter 36 Hampton
Found it Will after finally entering enough info into the form that the "continue" button at the bottom of the first page would let me continue to the second page where photos can be uploaded...doh . ;-) thx. Dan