Trailerable Sailboats Under 5,000lbs

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
? Seems like an odd conclusion. I use the PP all the time. Not sure how I would empty one that was permanent, as there is no drain. Pumping out a holding tank is highly impractical for a boat that you day sail and trailer launch. Not saying I like dumping it, but it would be a major pain to have it pumped out, not to mention the cost.
I know what you are saying. But my point was this. Every little thing you can do to make the issue of human waste on a boat look like it does at your home, the more friendly the boat will be. If it HAS to be a porta-pottie under the vee-berth, and is HAS to be hand emptied so be it. Your reality. But having an actual toilet-looking device in a real, dedicated room with a door is much better.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
From age 10 to 14, I spent 3-1/2 years living in the aft cabin with my two brothers and 1 milk jug for a urinal. Had to go above deck thru the center cockpit to get to the main cabin to actually use the head. If I had sisters, I'm sure the aft cabin would have had it's own head.
My older brother had an uncanny ability to fill the jug right to the top and stop, leaving the jug capped behind the companionway stairs. If my younger brother or I had to go in the middle of the night, we had to first dump the jug over the side. However, once you're up, might as well just pee over the side.

What do people think about the Hakes Seaward trailerables? They all seem to have dedicated enclosed heads. Found one for sale for about $12,000 with trailer. 2' draft.
- Will (Dragonfly)

JCall

May 3, 2016
Macgregor 26D Ceasars Creek
Darn it Will!
Now you have me thinking about other boats again!
An enclosed head with a pump out is a strong attraction, especially on a cold rainy night.

Oct 31, 2012
Hunter 2008 H25 Lake Wabamun
An enclosed head with a pump out is a strong attraction, especially on a cold rainy night.
My Hunter 25 is a contender with an enclosed head and holding tank. However, it does not have a pump out. Built this unit designed to empty into a transfer tank for disposal. The marcerator pump inside the converted gas tank will lift up to 3 feet so has lots of power. The intake piping fits inside the gas tank through the back door.
It’s not a unit I will keep on board just use it when needed. Power will come from one of the two onboard batteries.

DD346A87-151F-4BA0-860F-DC5D865B1126.jpeg
2100F7F1-06B8-43C2-860C-CDB238B9FAAB.jpeg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
My Hunter 25 is a contender with an enclosed head and holding tank. However, it does not have a pump out. Built this unit designed to empty into a transfer tank for disposal. The marcerator pump inside the converted gas tank will lift up to 3 feet so has lots of power. The intake piping fits inside the gas tank through the back door.
It’s not a unit I will keep on board just use it when needed. Power will come from one of the two onboard batteries.
Clever. Where do you ‘drain’ that clear hose to?

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
These facilities do not exist on the lake. They did, but something happened.

Aug 1, 2011
Neither of them floats. And that’s our problem, being on moorings and all. Docks are in short supply.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
If it doesn't fit on board, you can float it behind. Charge other boaters for pump out service. Maybe it would pay for itself.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 1, 2011
My little dingy will toss you in the lake for nothing more than. 2 second round of distraction. A 30 gallon tank is unfathomable.

Aug 1, 2011
If it doesn't fit on board, you can float it behind. Charge other boaters for pump out service. Maybe it would pay for itself.
- Will (Dragonfly)
If there was going to be any venture undertaken, it would be a variant on Anthony Bourdain, a party barge, a grill, and “mystery meat”.