SeaDek cockpit in a C22

Aug 31, 2011
Catalina C-22 9485 Lake Rathbun, IA
Mate. Looks great. Like rpludwig, I have been chasing a nagging crack in the cockpit sole for a few years. Epoxy and fibreglass wouldn't tame it. Was considering glassing in a new floor over the old but this will look SHARP ! It comes in regular coloured faux teak which is what I may run with but your grey does look sharp as a pin !! It may also look nice in the saloon floor and under the galley table (I have previously posted photos of the 'peel and stick' teak vinyl that i laid in a couple years ago which looks nice but nothing compared to this stuff). Already on the Winter maintenance & Upgrade list. Ordering soon. Thanks for the link...

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Not sure what you mean? My rub rail insert is grey, only color you can get from CD... Originally I had wanted to paint the hull Flag Blue and go with tan/sand color kiwi grip and then the actual teak color of SeaDek. It was the grey rub rail insert that influenced me the most to paint the hull grey. Not many grey boats in San Diego besides Navy ships, plenty of White ones and a few Flag Blue. I figured I'd change it up a bit.
You done good, my friend. You totally went outside the box and got a huge win.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
That looks great but doesn't the winch get in the way?
I think the gray was a good choice. I've gotten samples from SeaDeck hope to use it in the future. Thanks for the links.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
That looks great but doesn't the winch get in the way?
I think the gray was a good choice. I've gotten samples from SeaDeck hope to use it in the future. Thanks for the links.
You can see the cut outs for the winches in the coaming pads. One of the pics shows a winch sitting in the spot but not bolted down. I used a stainless bowl from IKEA that was just slightly larger than the diameter of the winch base to slice out the pattern.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
You can see the cut outs for the winches in the coaming pads.
Yeah, I figured it out but I did give it a second look at first.
Was the material easy to cut? All the cuts look smooth and crisp.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Yeah, I figured it out but I did give it a second look at first.
Was the material easy to cut? All the cuts look smooth and crisp.
Super easy to cut with a straight edge and standard razor knife (don't bother with little Xacto blades or fine surgical blades). For the rounded edges I used a stationary disc sander but be super gentle. I used a big bowl upside down to cut the winch reliefs.