How much movement in Swing Keel

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
The source of my keel wobble:

I have no plans to mess with it at this time. The pin and hangers are new, and there is no side-to-side movement, it's not going anywhere.

Sep 11, 2013
Catalina 25 6106 Lake Erie Metro Park
It looks like the bushing upgrade has already been in installed. If that's so, the hardest part has already been done. A new pin will probably eliminate the play, but even if you don't replace it, I don't think you don't have to worry about the keel falling off as long as the hangers aren't worn and the bolts are tight.
Just my 2 cents but if I had the keel already down I'd replace the pin and the cable now just on general principal....

Tom G

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
The pin and hangers are new, it's the bushing that's worn. But yeah ... not worried. I'd sail her to China just like she is.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2015
Catalina 22 Cave Run Lake ky
I have replace several sets and not all the pins that have been used on the boats are the same size. I have one set of mounts that are 20 thousand over size and one that was 120 thousand larger that caused a lot of problem as the pin need to be removed (bored out) to get a new mount to work. Just worry about side to side movement and the pin wear will be a problem in the distant future. Check the fit on the mount also.