Looking to buy 1987 hunter 31

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter H31 Portland Or
SeanP, Thanks for posting. I am going to need to have my rigging inspected and running rigging replaced. We met at Hayden bay marina a while back. Did you ever find out about the bend back in the mast on the 31? Thanks
Wes

Jul 1, 2014
Hunter 34 Seattle
The backbend in the 31 is the same as my 34 which is 1% of mast height. The bend is put in with the mast off, by tightening the diagonal shrouds.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Dan. Send me a private message with contact details and I can provide more info on the H 31 rig and replacement costs for both standing and running rigging. Jerry

SeanP

Jun 6, 2017
Hunter 31 Portland
SeanP, Thanks for posting. I am going to need to have my rigging inspected and running rigging replaced. We met at Hayden bay marina a while back. Did you ever find out about the bend back in the mast on the 31? Thanks
Wes
Hi Wes, I had it looked at and it seems that I need to adjust my upper diagonals to ease the rake. Cheers, Sean

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
The boat is pretty dirty and they are asking 15k which I will need to get lower if I buy the boat. Can anyone share what they paid for their 31 that needed work?
Dan
Did you ever buy this boat? Contact me if you did. I have had a lot of experiences now restoring my free 1983 H31. It has been great fun, and I would like to compare notes.