Looking for "extra" Gel Coat

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 310 Colorado Springs, CO CO
Good morning all,

I am in the midst of a major repair to my 1999 Hunter 310 and am in the need for some extra gel coat. Specifically, I am looking for two colors (exterior blue and interior beige). I have the products identified from Spectrum Color sold via iBoats but they only sell those colors in a gallon size. Really I only need a quart of each color for my repairs.

We are not interested in trying to color match it, and would rather put on the same color that was put on at manufacturing.

So, what I am hoping for is that someone has some extra gel coat they would be willing to sell. As I understand it, the shelf life for gel coat is six months, so it cannot be any older than that. I am looking for color:

Hunter, 1996-2004, External Blue Color Boat Gel Coat
Spectrum PN: 8445
iBoats PN: F508455G

Hunter, 1996-2004, Interior Beige Color Boat Gel Coat
Spectrum PN: 8454
iBoats PN: F508454G

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If no one can help me, in a few weeks, I will have the same offer but reversed. I will have about 3/4 of a gallon of each color for sale.

Thanks,

Steve E.
1999 Hunter 310

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Hi Steve.
Sorry, I can't help you with your gel coat but am curious if the spectrum 8445 is the non skid deck color? I need to fix some small cracks and have been trying to figure out the best color.

Thanks
Tim

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Steve, no matter how much you would want the OEM color in a can to match what you have it will not, there will always be shade / tonal adjustments after all your boat has had 18 years of UV exposure which will indeed change the color on the hull.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
a major repair to my 1999 Hunter 310 and am in the need for some extra gel coat. Specifically, I am looking for two colors (exterior blue
Hi Steve,

Just out of curiosity, where do you see the the blue gel coat on the exterior ? The only blue I see on the exterior of our (same year and size) boats is the blue boot strip which is Awlgrip. Mine has completely lost any semblance of a gloss finish on the bow and yet from midships back, still has a very nice gloss. Dull Awlgrip does not polish as I've found and also seen repeated in these pages numerous times. And yeah, I'm from Missouri.

DSC_1967RR.jpg

Been looking at having a buddy (who has a paint shop) repaint the stripe with Awlgrip and the price still isn't pretty.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Ralph,

Yes that is the stripe I am talking about. We assumed it was gel coat as we did not detect a layer of tape or anything when we sanded the area down. We are confident that the red stripe above the large blue boot strip is tape, but it is the blue we are trying to find. Thanks for the heads up on Awlgrip. I'll look into that instead.

Jan 22, 2008
Steve, no matter how much you would want the OEM color in a can to match what you have it will not, there will always be shade / tonal adjustments after all your boat has had 18 years of UV exposure which will indeed change the color on the hull.
We thought the same thing, and on our test sample, we found it matched almost perfectly. We bought a sample 2 oz size of white, applied it and believe it or not, it matched quite nicely. Once we wet-sanded it, it looked great.