H260 Bimini

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I can only imagine Dave! I bet that's one frog that thinks he's a prince in disguise LOL!
Next time you guys get together to work on boats I hope I get an invite. I'll buy the beer just for the entertainment!

Sam

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I love this picture! It hangs above my desk at work. Back when I was teaching people how to fly I drilled that Concept in their head when it came to dealing with emergency situations. One of my students brought that picture to me. It was the first time I'd ever seen it.

Sam

Jan 18, 2014
Hunter 260 Palm Coast, FL
I can only imagine Dave! I bet that's one frog that thinks he's a prince in disguise LOL!
Next time you guys get together to work on boats I hope I get an invite. I'll buy the beer just for the entertainment!

Sam
Would like that too.

Jun 29, 2015
Hunter H260 Brighton Ontario
Update: I checked around with local Bimini/Canvas providers in Ontario and got a couple of quotes. I eventually ordered from AmeriSeam. Local provider #1 said the price would be double AmeriSeam price (including USD/CAD conversion, taxes, shipping etc), with a delivery of 12 weeks. Local provider #2 said the price would be 3 times the price with 10 weeks delivery! AmeriSeam delivered within 2 weeks!

We installed the Bimini on the weekend and are ecstatic about the quality, look and finish! An amazing addition to our boat! I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a Bimini add-on!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
We installed the Bimini on the weekend and are ecstatic about the quality, look and finish! An amazing addition to our boat! I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for a Bimini add-on!
Pics!
I couldn't imagine not having a bimini on a cruiser down here!

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You can rely on my friend, Jim Larsen who owns Ameriseam. Great choice. Is that the four footer or six foot bimini? They work as I was the second clown designing it.

Jun 27, 2017
Hunter H26 Olympia
Do you have a pic of your bimini up? I'm assuming that is 6 feet clearance from the cockpit floor, correct?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
There is also a 6 foot length bimini you can put there and sail with it deployed. You would have to move the boom bail forward some which did not hurt the sailing characteristics. As to height, it sometimes depends on the sail if it droops down as it is old.

Jul 31, 2017
Hunter 26 TBD
I have a 6' SS collapsible bimini that came from the previous owner, a few questions:
  1. it doesn't seem like our boom will stay fully clear over the bimini and would at least rub across the top. Are people keeping the topping lift tight? ours messes with the battens if we did and would certainly compromise sail shape a little but maybe it doesn't matter
  2. anyone have problems with the front bimini attachments that get screwed into the outside of the boat on the larger 6' collapsibles? Ours are plastic and look a little weathered and weak, I'm wondering if there is a better piece of hardware and/or if I need to reinforce the fiberglass at all to keep them happy, or at least use dicor or another removable sealant to secure them to the fiberglass beyond the two tiny screws.
  3. Move the mainsheet bail/ top cleat forward? or install a 2nd one so we can pick?
Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
On my H26 there is at least six foot clearance from cockpit floor to boom. I use a boomkicker and the boom clears the Bimini.

My boom has multiple slides underneath which can be used to attach the main sheet. I believe that I am using the second one from the end to clear (6ft) Bimini.

Most Bimini hardware is offered either in nylon or SS. Look around, you should be able to get what you need.

If you play around with the angle/position of the fixed Bimini braces you should be able to get clearance with the boom. Don’t expect to get more than six foot head clearance.

I’ll look to see if I have pictures however my Bimini is mounted on the stern rails not the gunwhales.