Boat Babe on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
who I'm paraphrasing.
That would be my driving instructor from long, long ago. "Tiger" something-or-other...

I told him that a little gasoline would take that dashboard paint from under his fingernails. :biggrin:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I cheated and checked wiki. Many cultural references to the E ticket but i don't see one that fit Kermit's usage

In popular culture[edit]
In 1983, astronaut Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, when asked about the experience of a Space Shuttle launch, famously described it by saying: "Ever been to Disneyland? …That was definitely an E ticket!"[5]

In her 1984 hit novelty song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun", Julie Brown describes homecoming queen Debbie's arrival on a float and wearing a tiara and pink chiffon gown as being "definitely an E ticket".

In 1985, the television show MacGyver referenced E tickets. During a harsh truck ride on Season 1, Episode 8 "Hellfire", Angus MacGyver said "this would definitely be an E ride at Disneyland!"

In 1993, parody recording artist "Weird Al" Yankovic compared a fictional visit to Jurassic Park to the Disney rides in the last chorus: "Well this sure ain't no E ticket; think I'll tell 'em where to stick it!"

John Ondrasik, lead singer of the band Five for Fighting, sings "E-tickets don't work here no more anyway" in his hit "Disneyland" on the album "The Battle for Everything" from 2004.

The Disneyland Hotel's concierge lounge is named the E-Ticket Club and features historic photos and posters from Disneyland's E ticket attractions.

The 2010 video game Disney Epic Mickey uses E tickets as a form of in-game currency.

At the end of the 1991 computer game Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, the treasure of Big Whoop, which the player has been trying to find for the whole game, is revealed to be an E ticket.

The Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks show has been described in promotional materials as an "E Ticket in the Sky".

In the late 1980s' and 1990s' emerging rave culture, the phrase "E-Ticket Ride" was a euphemism for a strong dose of Ecstasy or an exceptional rave event where one had a very good time while on MDMA.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What the Crew chief on the Grumman C-2 COD would shout just before launch.
"Grab the jewels boys, Your about to get the Navy's 'E-Ticket' ride."

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
What the Crew chief on the Grumman C-2 COD would shout just before launch.
"Grab the jewels boys, Your about to get the Navy's 'E-Ticket' ride."
I took the COD on the USS Midway a few times. Our pilot wasn't so animated. It was around the right era too.
I remember "COD on the ball with mail"! Our COD was named "Konnichiwa" translation: "Good Day"

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I cheated and checked wiki. Many cultural references to the E ticket but i don't see one that fit Kermit's usage

In popular culture[edit]
In 1983, astronaut Sally Ride, the first American woman in space, when asked about the experience of a Space Shuttle launch, famously described it by saying: "Ever been to Disneyland? …That was definitely an E ticket!"[5]

In her 1984 hit novelty song, "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun", Julie Brown describes homecoming queen Debbie's arrival on a float and wearing a tiara and pink chiffon gown as being "definitely an E ticket".

In 1985, the television show MacGyver referenced E tickets. During a harsh truck ride on Season 1, Episode 8 "Hellfire", Angus MacGyver said "this would definitely be an E ride at Disneyland!"

In 1993, parody recording artist "Weird Al" Yankovic compared a fictional visit to Jurassic Park to the Disney rides in the last chorus: "Well this sure ain't no E ticket; think I'll tell 'em where to stick it!"

John Ondrasik, lead singer of the band Five for Fighting, sings "E-tickets don't work here no more anyway" in his hit "Disneyland" on the album "The Battle for Everything" from 2004.

The Disneyland Hotel's concierge lounge is named the E-Ticket Club and features historic photos and posters from Disneyland's E ticket attractions.

The 2010 video game Disney Epic Mickey uses E tickets as a form of in-game currency.

At the end of the 1991 computer game Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, the treasure of Big Whoop, which the player has been trying to find for the whole game, is revealed to be an E ticket.

The Remember... Dreams Come True fireworks show has been described in promotional materials as an "E Ticket in the Sky".

In the late 1980s' and 1990s' emerging rave culture, the phrase "E-Ticket Ride" was a euphemism for a strong dose of Ecstasy or an exceptional rave event where one had a very good time while on MDMA.
Ok, boys. I haven't been able to find the clip. Anyway, it was H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdock riding a bicycle in a train tunnel while scaring a bad guy, making him think it was a train coming. I'll give the extra credit to anyone who can find the clip. Gotta love me some A-Team.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Look, you guys are hijacking this thread. This thread has one and only one purpose, which is to provide a medium where we share in the wonder of the Boat Babe. Please read the initial post way back by the BB and reacquaint yourselves with why we participate in this thread.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Look, you guys are hijacking this thread. This thread has one and only one purpose, which is to provide a medium where we share in the wonder of the Boat Babe. Please read the initial post way back by the BB and reacquaint yourselves with why we participate in this thread.
Absolutely! The nerve of those guys!!!!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That brown bikini with Steph standing in the companion way is one for the record books. If they keep books. And they should so that picture can be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.