Forum questions, comments, and complaints

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
OK, so here's something I've been seeing for a while. The "New Posts" at the top of the page has a non-zero number after I have read or marked read all my forums. Clicking on "New Posts" gives me a listing containing posts from the "Alden General Chat" and "Catalina 275" forums. Not owning an Alden or a Catalina, I wonder why I'm seeing these two forums? Just curious as it takes very little time to pull up the new posts and mark them read, also. Which then causes the "New Posts" number to go to zero.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
OK, so here's something I've been seeing for a while. The "New Posts" at the top of the page has a non-zero number after I have read or marked read all my forums. Clicking on "New Posts" gives me a listing containing posts from the "Alden General Chat" and "Catalina 275" forums. Not owning an Alden or a Catalina, I wonder why I'm seeing these two forums? Just curious as it takes very little time to pull up the new posts and mark them read, also. Which then causes the "New Posts" number to go to zero.
Try clicking on your username then "hide/unhide forums". You should be able to hide the Alden and Catalina forums if you're not interested in their posts. Then the New Posts number should only be from the forums that aren't hidden.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
The Sailboatowners app on my android phone no longer works. When I launch it I get:

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Forum suggestion: I am interested in Tartans. My specific interest are the Tartan 3700 and 3800, but really, all models are of interest. Any chance of having a forum for these?
There are some Tartan forums out there, but all are really quite dull, or dead.

Thanks,
jv

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
The Sailboatowners app on my android phone no longer works. When I launch it I get:
The mobile apps for Android and iOS aren't supported anymore. The good news is that sine the change of the forum backend I've just used my web browser and been very happy with it.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Maybe Tartan folks are just quite reserved. (or in my finest Billy Crystal; only mostly dead) :)

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Forum suggestion: I am interested in Tartans. My specific interest are the Tartan 3700 and 3800, but really, all models are of interest. Any chance of having a forum for these?
I'm surprised to see that we don't have a forum for Tartan, I could swear we did! I can set one up in about 5 minutes but the hurdle is getting Tartan owners to use it. That involves posting in it regularly to get some fodder into search engines, and encouraging other Tartan owners to post. Let me know if you want to set it up.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks Phil. I'm a prospective Tartan owner. I'll help you market the Tartan forum here if you set it up.

Thanks,

jv

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Tartan forum now online.
Welcome home, Phil. I love your new subtitle. Here's a new avatar for you. I found it as a gif but it doesn't seem to animate after being saved. (Oops. File is too large. Maybe the link will work.)
sinking battleship gif
Ooooooh. I found it! It's copyrighted but still way cool!

Attachments