Pearson 39-2 Emergency Tiller Cover

inprin

Sep 9, 2014
Pearson 39-2 New Bern
My plastic, pry out deckplate over the emergency tiller on stern seat is about done and has started to leak. Plastic all cracked and falling apart. It measures 3.5" ID. I can't find any 3.5", only 4" replacements. Would rather not widen the existing hole. Any sources I can look at?

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
On my old 36-2 I cut a peice of wood as a collar, attached that to the hull and then attached the new access plate.

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
Tiller Fixer Hole.jpg
My plastic, pry out deckplate over the emergency tiller on stern seat is about done and has started to leak. Plastic all cracked and falling apart. It measures 3.5" ID. I can't find any 3.5", only 4" replacements. Would rather not widen the existing hole. Any sources I can look at?
Here's what you can do and for me.. I found after removing the old one I found ROT starting at core. I do however recommend the use of BED-IT to seal good. Just make sure the drain plug is a tight fit and adjustable for you. Hope this helps. I do not know dia of your pipe for the tiller bar but, as I stated you can CUT to fit. Best Regards StarGazer.

inprin

Sep 9, 2014
Pearson 39-2 New Bern
Yes I found rot too. That has all been repaired now, which is prompting my search for a better cover. Surprised to see the amount of glass and plywood layup. 4 layers. I will investigate the plumbing option. Thanks.