25 ft s/c trailer specs

Apr 30, 2017
Oday 25 Florida
I have a 25ft oday centerboard swing keel that i want to trailer to Maine and cant seem to find specifications on stantion heights. I bought a trailer but need to modify it to fit my boat and cannot seem to find anywhere how high my stantions or posts need to be for my keel to clear the base of the trailer?

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Is your boat the shoal keel with center board? If so you want the keel to rest on the trailer with the board retracted. I like to have about 75 % of the weight on the keel rest if you are using bunks and more if you are using a few pads. One of the O'Day 25 guys will chime in shortly with pictures and measurements as soon as the hockey game finishes.

Ritdog

Jul 18, 2011
Oday 25 Portland, ME
I've had two 25s, and the bunks and pads were/ are about 4 feet off the ground. The keel is about a foot off, resting almost at the axle heightMAR_9647web.jpg May 11.2011.jpg , and the bunks are 3 feet above that. One thing I have found to be very necessary is a minimum 10-foot extension for the tongue. I have to take the hitch off, bolt the extension in, then launch. I live in Portland, and even with that, I need at least an 11 foot tide at the city ramp.
The pictures here show my new one on pads, and the old one on bunks. I will get specific mesurements tomorrow and get back to you.

Nov 22, 2018
OvDay 25 Asheville
I've had two 25s, and the bunks and pads were/ are about 4 feet off the ground. The keel is about a foot off, resting almost at the axle heightView attachment 136025 View attachment 136026 , and the bunks are 3 feet above that. One thing I have found to be very necessary is a minimum 10-foot extension for the tongue. I have to take the hitch off, bolt the extension in, then launch. I live in Portland, and even with that, I need at least an 11 foot tide at the city ramp.
The pictures here show my new one on pads, and the old one on bunks. I will get specific mesurements tomorrow and get back to you.
I would love to know how far the bunks are from the keel as well as the length of the keel and the distance from the back of the keel to the transom. A friend of mine is helping me build a trailer for a 25cb that is currently in a slip 3.5 hours away. We are using rollers rather than bunks, but we still need a general idea of the height for the rollers. The plan is to make them adjustable so I can bring them up to the boat once the keel is touching the board for the keel. As of yet I've not found that measurement and I've been digging through a lot of forums. What you have posted is the closest to the information I need!

I do hope you see this, as we are actively making the mods.

Thanks!