Groco Strainer option

Aug 4, 2006
Catalina 309 Cutter Marina, Chesapeake Bay
Skippers, I am looking to replace my existing strainers (AC and Engine) with Groco strainers to accomodate the Aquaduk winterizing system that was recently purchased. I am not at my boat now, but need to know what the ID threads of the existing factory installed setup. This will determine whether I get the ARG-500, -700, -750, or -1000. Does anybody have the info I need? Thanks for any comments.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I agree, the raw water strainers Catalina used were not very robust. I went with a Perko

Courtesy of Perko

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
For those interested and perhaps looking for this info, the Groco ARG-500 with 1/2" NPT feed is the alternative to the factory installed strainers. Glad I made the switch to the much beefier and better looking Groco strainer.
http://www.groco.net/SVC-MAN-07/Sec5/PDF/ARG.pdf
@Canvasback - are both the inlet and outlet side 1/2" NPT? I want to change my outlet side to a standard hose barb. The current setup has something else (that I can't see without cutting off the hose) and I will want to replace it.

Aug 4, 2006
Catalina 309 Cutter Marina, Chesapeake Bay
@Canvasback - are both the inlet and outlet side 1/2" NPT? I want to change my outlet side to a standard hose barb. The current setup has something else (that I can't see without cutting off the hose) and I will want to replace it.
Both sides are different sizes. The inlet side is 1/2" NPT and the motor feed is 5/8" NPT. This is for the factory installed Yanmar 21hp.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Thanks, they looked a little different to me, and when I called Groco at 4:01 everyone had gone home at 4:00.