Oops message

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Phil, lately I've been getting a strange message when I click on links in your newsletter. Such as this morning when I click on the link to the night sailing topic, I get a message 'You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action"

I have logged out and deleted cache and cookies, still getting same result.

Using Chrome on Android phone now. I'll check my Windows desktop later and update this.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ed
Looks like there is something wrong with the link... I got the same message.

Jul 29, 2004
But this is not the first time I've seen this error. It has happened several times to me in the last month or so, but this time I paid more attention and reported it here.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I sent info to Phil regarding the issue. I think it is a glitch related to the automated questions and survey posted in the weekly emails. I experienced it on apple products. So it does on seem to be limited to your Chrome/Android hardware.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Operator error. It's fixed now and I'll take a look at what we can do to avoid that in the future. Thanks for the heads-up!

Jul 29, 2004
Yep, all working on both Windows desktop and Android phone. Glad to help keep this great forum working like the well oiled machine that it is!!

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Phil, If I may tag along on this thread, does the mailing list for the newsletter use the same email distribution list as post notifications (when someone mentions you in a thread)?
I haven't received any newsletters for quite sometime.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Ward! No, they are separate functions partly because it's logical to separate them but mostly because the forum doesn't have a good solution for that kind of mailing.

I can add you to the Monday Mail list if you want, it's a one-click unsubscribe so there's not much commitment.

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
I just checked my preferences and the box is checked for "Receive news and update emails", but I'm not getting the Monday mail. Tks.

Jul 29, 2004
Hey Phil, I got the Oops message again trying to take the link on chartering from the newsletter...