New search function

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The standard search has been replaced with a new function that offers more control of the search input and displays the results in a way that lets you expand the whole thread right on the spot. I think it's a nice improvement, but let me know if you find it inferior to the search function we were using until today. Thanks!

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My first use was better in finding a rare link.
But when found the right link, I could not figure out how to select the the right hit.

I did search On "Pi" and me.. the result was this

"#65 -JamesG161
It stands for the guy who tastes pies at the bakers. Pie Rater. _____ Actually the first Pie Rater was Archimedes. He worked his father's bakery. He kept slicing up pies to sell them cheaper and by the slice.;) He divided in to 8th ..."

but I could not go to that link.
Jim...

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually the first Pie Rater was Archimedes. He worked his father's bakery. He kept slicing up pies to sell them cheaper and by the slice.;) He divided in to 8th ..."
@JamesG161 When it comes to dividing there is a fine line between the numerator and denominator... but only a fraction of people find this interesting. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
@rgranger - Is your short break from SBO now over? I noticed your signature for the first time on the above post.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
@Phil Herring - Just noticed the flag under my login. I am in England, so the flag makes sense, but does it change when I change countries? I'm sure it is just registering IP addresses, but that seems a little Big Brother-ish to me.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, the flag is determined by ip address and I agree that it is misplaced when someone is traveling. I'll see if I can modify it to use the ip address from registration.