Yard Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
This might be a really dumb question but you never know. Has anyone built a yard trailer by adding axles and a tongue to their cradle? Or just a frame for the cradle to sit on. I would like to launch and retreive with a trailer.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
This might be a really dumb question but you never know. Has anyone built a yard trailer by adding axles and a tongue to their cradle? Or just a frame for the cradle to sit on. I would like to launch and retreive with a trailer.
Yup and here is the picture of the frame I put it on! With the cradle and with the boat. We do that with all our boats up here! :dance: Good luck!

Attachments

Sep 4, 2007
What size channel did you use? How did you decide on the lenght of the tongue?
Thanks
Don

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
What size channel did you use? How did you decide on the lenght of the tongue?
Thanks
Don
Don, the tongue length was determined by the standard length of the channel (20'). I used this because we need the length to get deeper into the water at the ramp. See picture below. The channel is 6"x.20"x1.92". I matched the framework channel for the cradle which was the standard Hunter Cradle for the 41. Overall length (including tongue) 40'4".

Attachments

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
I get a kick everytime I see Nodaks boat on the trailer and at the ramp...

Makes me feel like I'm "not" the lone ranger...

Attachments

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
Nodak, would there be anyone in your area that has a 35.5 Hunter. I have a trailer for the boat but I need the measurements for placement of the bunks(uprights & pads) All my attempts to this point in securing them have been unsuccessful.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Nodak, would there be anyone in your area that has a 35.5 Hunter. I have a trailer for the boat but I need the measurements for placement of the bunks(uprights & pads) All my attempts to this point in securing them have been unsuccessful.
Metric, as a matter of fact I believe there is a 35.5 in our marina. I think the boat on the port side of Wild Oats is a 35.5.

Attachments

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008

Squidd you are far from being a lone ranger! Here is a picture of a whole passel of boats setting on trailers. Does it look cold!

Attachments

Jul 19, 2007
Nodak do you think it would be possible to check with the owner of the 35.5 to see whether or not he has the measurements for the bunks and failing that would it be possible for you to measure the cradle and send the measurements to me. I'd be most grateful for the help, as its costing me quite a bit to continue renting stands at the marina. Thanks for any help you could give me.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Nodak do you think it would be possible to check with the owner of the 35.5 to see whether or not he has the measurements for the bunks and failing that would it be possible for you to measure the cradle and send the measurements to me. I'd be most grateful for the help, as its costing me quite a bit to continue renting stands at the marina. Thanks for any help you could give me.
Metric, I will speak with him and confirm that it is indeed a 35.5. I doubt he has the specifications written down any place but if it is the boat I would be glad to take some measurements for you the next time I go up. It could be a week or so though. I will let you know as soon as I find out. You can IM me with what dimensions you need. I can also take some pictures if you like.

Jul 19, 2007
Nodak that would be great, thanks. A week or more is a small price to pay to get the measurements. The dimensions I'd need would be the width and length of the cradle on the trailer or the trailer dimensions if there is just the trailer. The other measurements would be for the position of the bunks along the sides of the trailer as well as the measurements for both the fore and aft bunks if there are any in place. Pictures would also be great. Sorry about this message but for some reason i can't get the IM function to work. Thanks again, Karl. BTW North Dakota looks as cold in winter as New Brunswick does.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Nodak that would be great, thanks. A week or more is a small price to pay to get the measurements. The dimensions I'd need would be the width and length of the cradle on the trailer or the trailer dimensions if there is just the trailer. The other measurements would be for the position of the bunks along the sides of the trailer as well as the measurements for both the fore and aft bunks if there are any in place. Pictures would also be great. Sorry about this message but for some reason i can't get the IM function to work. Thanks again, Karl. BTW North Dakota looks as cold in winter as New Brunswick does.
Metric I sent you an IM with my email address (Rnorthrup3@bis.midco.net). I did confirm that the boat was a 35.5 and he stated that he believes the trailer was constructed using a cradle. I will take measurements and some pictures the next time I go up. Please return my IM with your email address.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008

Squidd what is it about wives on the bow of the boat when they are on the trailer! It seems they gravitate to that spot! LOL :D

Jul 19, 2007
Have you made any progress on your cradle/trailer combo?

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Have you made any progress on your cradle/trailer combo?
Metric, I just returned from the Marina and I took some pictures and measurements for you. I will email them to you either this evening or in the AM.

Jul 19, 2007
Thank you Nodak, you Sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Headed to Eastport tomorrow to check on the boat before Hurricane Sandy pays us a visit. Hopefully, the winds won't be strong enough to bother her on the stands.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Thank you Nodak, you Sir are a scholar and a gentleman. Headed to Eastport tomorrow to check on the boat before Hurricane Sandy pays us a visit. Hopefully, the winds won't be strong enough to bother her on the stands.
Just sent you three emails with pictures and dimensions! Best of luck!

Sep 4, 2007
Nodak
Couldl you send to me as well or post them here?
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.