We should be Hunter heroe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Edwin

To paraphrase David Bowie, we should be heroes for Hunter Marine. Most of the posts in this forum concerns repairing the ACP hull for one reason or another. I am sure Hunter has not had as much of an aftermarket problem with a hull as they've had with the H170, especially the older models. Yet we persevere. It's frustrating for me to know I have a spring ritual or repairing cracks and yet to find the leak that gets rainwater in the hull but - when I'm on the water and have hull integrity it's a fun, fast, and easy boat to sail. Hopefully after 10 years with this model Hunter has listened and either found that ACP is not what it was supposed to be or maybe they finally got there act together and fixed the flaw - I haven't seen much on the later models cracking, yet. Just had to spout off. How about you Padre, have you got your's in the water and sailing yet?

Feb 19, 2008
Catalina Capri 18 ann arbor
other boats?

My experience has been positive. The boat has performed well for me, I still have a problem with the roller furling - but you always have something to mess with, right? Fiberglass hulls need annual painting, they delaminate, they "oilcan," they rot, they have other problems. I have repaired a few cracks, mostly I think stress cracks and not thermal cracks, it has been a simple process and I've been back on the water quickly. Might be interesting to read the Catalina 16.5 forum and see what they are complaining about. When I have called Hunter I have spoken with a person right away - never having to spend 20 minutes pressing one to continue in English and pressing 9 to repeat the menu. The people I have spoken to at hunter have been helpful and friendly. All in all I am very happy with my little boat, I consider it an very low maintenance boat. The cliche is that a boat is a hole in the water into which one throws money, I think I have had this boat 5 years and have spend about $100 on in (had reef points installed). But . . .Thats if you don't count the motor . . . . . It cost me several hundred dollars to learn how to maintain an outboard!! This is not to discount your obvious frustration . . . but I think that no boat is without it's frustration. j

Status
Not open for further replies.