Water under the aft berth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott Dube

I found water under the cushions of the aft berth on my new (to me) 97 340. I can't seem to see any place where the water is coming in, though there was about a cup of fresh water in the compartment under the cushion on the starboard side. Tried running the cockpit shower and the head shower but it didn't produce the leak. Any Ideas? Scott

S

Steven

your dampened berth

have you checked your stern pulpit? is it securely fastened? do they 'wiggle,' at all? try putting your weight on the area above your 'wet' spot, from the deck...is it nice and firm? if it's firm, possibly all you'll have to do is caulk around the bases of the stern pulpit..if it gives a little under your weight, a more serious problem could be developing...wet core wood and glass delamination...pray it isn't that..get back to me.. steven2146@aol.com

W

Wayne Estabrooks

Curious if you find the answer

I have a 97 340 and have not looked in the compartment under the starboard side of the aft cabin in a long time. I have no reason to check there. Had it rained recently or washed the boat? I will take a look at my 340 there and see if it is dry. My boat has been very dry, just a little dust in the bilge! I will look mine over and see if I can come up with some possibilities for you.

S

Scott Dube

Water leak continued

I will check out the stern pulpit, Also for clarification I should have said that I had flushed out the propane locker a day or so before I noticed the problem. The locker drained very slowly. The dealer is looking into the problem but I was wondering if anyone else had seen the problem... Thanks for the replies! Scott

T

Tom

Check toe rail?

We had a similar problem on our 31. It seems to be a leak around the toe rail, which on our boat is an aluminum extrusion which bolts the deck and hull together with bolts on about 6-inch centers. If your boat is built the same way, check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.