Ultimate Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Falls

Lets design the ultimate sailboat. Start with 3 blank forums-trailerable, mid-size, and bigboat. Choose the rigging, required layout options, arch/no arch (we already voted-its stainless). Sailplan, motors, etc etc

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
great idea, and...

...it might be the perfect way to launch the new forums this (I hope) week! Thanks Andy - ph

I

I want one!

Ideal 35 footer for coastal cruising

HULL AND SAILPLAN: High length-to-beam ratio on the waterline, for easy motion and steering. Stability comes from ballast at the bottom of a cruising fin. Sailplan is self-tacking in all conditions except where spinnaker or drifter are used. Comes with lazy jacks, dutchman, or other mainsail flaking system. DECK: Wide side decks. Boat comes with LARGE bimini designed to work with rest of deck layout. Optional hard dinghy chocks at some planned location on deck. Liferaft and propane lockers. Good rubrail all around. High, slotted aluminum toerail. Large, self-draining rode locker. Anchor platform. Optional windlass. Good chocks at all four corners. Midship cleats. INTERIOR. Lots of storage. Opening ports that work in the rain. (In no more than two sizes!) Handholds throughout. Lots of drawers. Holders for three batteries. Nothing drains into the bilge. Lots of storage. Settees parallel to midline, with leecloths. Nav station that is comfortable on both tacks. All tanks, plumbing, and wiring easily reached and replaced. Lots of storage. Big V berth. Aft head. Did I say lots of storage? CONSTRUCTION. Vinylester resin in at least two outermost laminates. Fluids control panel. Battery monitor. All deck hardware is throughbolted and accessible on inside. Bulletproof, leakproof chainplates. Keel attaches on slant for things you bump in the night. Positive flotation. (Why not? European builders manage this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.