Stepping a mast on hunter 450 passage

Mar 24, 2014
Hunter 410 Fort Lauderdale
We are looking at a hunter 450 passage on a lake. We would have to step theast down and then step it in at the destination.. will it involve splicing electric cables?

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Remove the access plate above the saloon table. All connections are there. Currently have my mast down for new rigging.

Mar 24, 2014
Hunter 410 Fort Lauderdale
Thank you very much. We will be dropping the boat in Savanna, Georgia. Next I have to find someone there to put the mast back up and then someone to tune the rigging.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
As far as stepping the mast I am not sure there is a place in Savannah proper that does that kind of thing. Just south of Savannah on the ICW is Thunderbolt, where there are some places that might be able to help you. Call Thunderbolt Marina. If they can't do it they should be able to point you in the right direction. Also, north of Savannah is Beaufort, SC. Marsh Harbor Boatworks (843-521-1500) can receive the shipment, step the mast and launch for you. Not sure about tuning though. Ask for Peter (the owner) or Butch and they can give you info. Probably less expensive than Thunderbolt, but not really sure about that. Are you planning on leaving the boat in or around Savannah or is this just a launch point for transit elsewhere? @Simple Life Sent you a pm too.