Sirius 21 pulpit

Feb 12, 2022
Sirius 21 TBD
Hello, Everyone!
I've bought Sirius 21 in October. It requires some repair work before sailing. In particular, pulpit is broken and lost. Can anybody provide dimensions for this part (roughly)? Any ideas who makes (or re-sells) pulpits in Ontario, Toronto region?

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your boat discovery.
From the looks of your Avatar, one might think you brought your boat up from the deep.

Quick search for a "pulpit rail maker" in the Ontario area produced this link. Klacko Marine Inc.

If they are not interested, perhaps they can give you a lead to a shop that can produce the needed parts.

May 8, 2022
Sirius 21 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hello, I've also recently bought a Sirius 21, and I could definitely take the measurements of the pulpit, model it, and send you a drawing if that would help. In terms of making it, you could go to anyone know does canvas'/dodgers & biminis, I know someone who might be able to if you are interested. In return, could you help explain how to operate the swing keel. I'll explain my current scenario; I was able to crank up the keel so I did so a little bit in order to launch the boat, now when I turn the winch/handle the other way it rotates but does not do anything. It rotates freely and has no tension at all. I'm assuming the system would have some sort of clutch/brake, or a lever preventing it from immediately falling. I haven't quite figured it out and need help on how to operate the swing keel (raising and lowering). Since you are located in Ontario, I'm wondering if its possible for me to meet at your Sirius 21 for a demonstration?

Feb 12, 2022
Sirius 21 TBD
Hello, Joshua,
It would be great if you make a simple hand written sketch with pulpit dimensions. Regarding keel, I did not try it yet, I just bought the boat last fall. My plan is get on the water around June1, then we can arrange a demonstration. As I think the keel is pretty heavy part (hundreds of kilos), it suppose to open by it's own weight as soon as you easy the keel cable. The boat must be on the water, not on the trailer.

Jun 16, 2022
Sirius 21 Bay of Quinte
Hey!
Recently we have picked up a pair of Sirius sailboats with the goal of getting one boat put together to start sailing. Neither boat was complete but both did have a pulpit, so we have an extra one. If you still need one let me know. I live near Trenton, ON.

Feb 12, 2022
Sirius 21 TBD
Hey!
Recently we have picked up a pair of Sirius sailboats with the goal of getting one boat put together to start sailing. Neither boat was complete but both did have a pulpit, so we have an extra one. If you still need one let me know. I live near Trenton, ON.
Yes, I need it. Where are you located and how much do you want for it? You can reply me directly at dtimch@gmail.com