Shore Power

Mar 24, 2009
hunter 30 fairhope, al
Is there a fuse box or circuit breaker panel on a 30' 1980. Having problems with shore power. Looked all over .

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
There should be a circuit breaker panel and its location should be pretty obvious if shore power was installed. Start at the shore power inlet and trace the wire. Eventually you should find it. Alternatively, start at an outlet follow it back to the panel.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
On some of the earlier h30s, the ac/dc breaker panel was located in the forward part of the q-berth near the sole just to the port of the companionway. These were often fuses instead of marine breakers. Go figure!

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
On some of the earlier h30s, the ac/dc breaker panel was located in the forward part of the q-berth near the sole just to the port of the companionway. These were often fuses instead of marine breakers. Go figure!
Correct, either there or above the nav desk. Both are pretty obvious, and the OP indicated having “problems with shore power”, so I wonder if the question is whether or not there is another breaker or fuse somewhere between the ac/dc distribution panel and the shore power inlet. To my knowledge, the answer to that is no, there is certainly none on my ‘82 H30, but it’s anyone’s guess what a previous owner might have added. So, as dlochner said, start at the inlet plug and follow the wire.
“Problems with shore power” is vague and could also be at the inlet plug, the cord or the shore power pedestal.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Not sure about an ‘80’s vintage boat, but my 1996 Hunter 280 had a circuit breaker near where the shore power plud was (stern area). It was not readily visible, and I had to dig all around to find it. It had tripped, and I had no power to the distribution panel.

To the OP, can you be more specific about what sort of issues you are having?

Greg

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
There were minor changes in the later 1980 H30 Cherubini's compared to the early runs. But, to my knowledge, the 115v circuits are co-located on the same electrical circuit breaker panel as the12v circuits and is split-labeled as such.
Disconnect the shore power plug from the boat and disconnect the 12v batteries AT THE BATTERY Terminals. Remove the quarter berth cushion and look in the locker underneath. Find the backside cover of the panel and remove it (gently). Look for the side that has fewer wires and circuit breakers. That's the 115v side.

Tell us if you find it! :biggrin:

Last edited: