Retrofitting a bowthruster to a 423

Sep 9, 2021
Benneteau 423 North Myrtle Beach, SC
I'd like to hear from any 423 owners or similar hull Beneteau's about experience adding a bow thruster. Brand added, what cabling and interior disassembly is needed, where the battery is stored and finally if the forward water tank was "in the way". Those are the questions I know to ask. As usual many times it's not just what you know you don't know but also what you don't know to ask. Any info on brands, specs and cost is greately appreciated. Mine is a 2007.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
On my 423 the thruster is forward of the water tank….. in the next compartment. It’s a lewmar. It came with the boat and is wired to the house bank. So large wire leading forward along the port side of the boat. Works fine.

good luck
Greg

IMG_4900.jpegIMG_6469.jpeg

Sep 9, 2021
Benneteau 423 North Myrtle Beach, SC
Good to know plenty of room forward and no additional battery box. Greatly appreciate your getting to my post.
Happy sailing.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Good to know plenty of room forward and no additional battery box. Greatly appreciate your getting to my post.
Happy sailing.
You may find the installation easier and less expensive if a battery is installed near the thruster and it is charged with a battery to battery charger. The big savings will be in the cable and the labor require to install large cables.