Replacing/Upgrading the Manual head to Electric.

Apr 27, 2020
HUNTER 31O DEALE, MD
Hello, looking to upgrade the head from Jabsco manual to and electric any brand. Has anyone taken on this task? Looking for brand suggestions? I was looking at the Raritin and it seems too large for the space. Also going to do fresh water v/s the brackish water we use now.
Boat is a 1999 Hunter 310.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I installed the Raritan Sea Era QC with fresh water flush back in 2018. very pleased with the install.

Apr 27, 2020
HUNTER 31O DEALE, MD
I'd bet it will fit....Its pedestal footprint is only 12" deep and 8.5" wide...the bowl is only 18 deep only 14" wide. If it will sit on a raised platform, it's only 14" tall.
You'll find all the dimensions here: Marine Elegance | Raritan Engineering

--Peggie
Hello, thanks for the information. I am concerned it would have to be on an angle not like the Jabsco that is there. The space on the right of the raised platform is about 8 inches.

Thoughts?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Every "box" on the Boatersland marine elegance page is a menu. The tall version is for installation on a head with a flat floor. Because it's a bigger toilet, it's more expensive than the short "standard" version intended to go on a raised platform.
The angled back is meant for toilets that will lie against a sloping hull . It's tall and the different shape makes it a bit more expensive than the straight back.
Bone is a little more expensive than white.

There are 3 flush water intake version: It's designed to use pressurized fresh water which has no intake pump..If you want it to use sea water, you'll need to add a remote intake pump. Adding the "sea fresh" kit will allow you to switch between fresh and sea water at will, but it runs the price up quite a bit.

And finally you have a choice of 3 flush panels: the basic push button switch that simultaneously brings flush water in and pushes bowl contents out, the 3 option "momentary flush" that provides a choice of flush water in and holding it ahead of use (recommended ahead of solid waste), simultaeous flush water in/bowl contents out and dry flush and the 4 option "Smart Flush" panel that provides the same 3 plus a 4th "full flush" that's actually 3 consecutive flushes (use very sparingly unless you have a large holding tank.). My favorite of all the flush options is the 3 option "Momentary" flush.
And btw...Boatersland is one of my favorite retailers. I've bookmarked the Marine Elegance page and several others.

I'll be glad to help you select all the right choices for your boat if you want to send me a PM.

--Peggie

Last edited:
Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I am concerned it would have to be on an angle not like the Jabsco that is there. The space on the right of the raised platform is about 8 inches.

I think my reply to Tim will address most, if not all, of your concerns. If not, I'll be glad to help you sort it all out if you want to send me a PM.