Outboard for Sirius 21?

Oct 22, 2022
Sirius 21 Lake Ontario
Hi all!
I just picked up a Sirius 21 and will need to get an outboard....any suggestions about what size would work best?
Leaning toward a 6 HP long shaft, but what do you think?
Thanks!
Brent

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new-to-you boat. Post pictures - we like 'em! :beer:

Based on what I've read here, 6HP long shaft should be fine.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I had a 4hp on a 1300lbs boat. I was constantly running it at WOT which resulted in a noisy, vibration filled experience. I also found it slow but I have no way of knowing how fast I was actually going

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
On my 15ft Montgomery (750 displacement) I used a 2HP Mariner Long shaft 2 cycle. Drove the boat in lakes and rivers at hull speed. THe key for sailing with an outboard is the ability to get it out of the water when sailing. I used a lift mount that put the motor above the water. No more motor drag.

I would think a Yamaha or Honda 4 cycle 6hp outboard would work great. No oil in the gasoline. Quiet as outboards go. Economical on fuel consumption. Only draw back they will bite the pocket book by $1500 to $2500 USD. Or as I tell my wife 1.5 to 2.5 boat bucks... "Is that all, well you should get one.":biggrin:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Hi all!
I just picked up a Sirius 21 and will need to get an outboard....any suggestions about what size would work best?
Leaning toward a 6 HP long shaft, but what do you think?
Thanks!
Brent
Sure. Tohatsu 6hp sailpro. More than adequate for a 21 footer. If you order from onlineoutboards you'll get free delivery. May have to go on a wait list. I did, only waited a few months though.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
If you haven't bought the 6hp motor yet. Onlineoutboards Canada is also a brick and mortar marine dealer in Ontario. They were great to buy from. I am selling my tohatsu sailpro this spring and am going to ask them if they have any empty packing boxes.

Good move on selling the 9.9. My Catalina had a 15hp 2 stroke when I bought it. Sold it for a good buck and bought the sailpro with the money.

Oct 22, 2022
Sirius 21 Lake Ontario
Actually I bought a 6Hp Sail pro last week from Bridge Yachts in Port Dover...black Friday sail..1900 bucks....thank you for the information though:)
Brent