New search function

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The standard search has been replaced with a new function that offers more control of the search input and displays the results in a way that lets you expand the whole thread right on the spot. I think it's a nice improvement, but let me know if you find it inferior to the search function we were using until today. Thanks!

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My first use was better in finding a rare link.
But when found the right link, I could not figure out how to select the the right hit.

I did search On "Pi" and me.. the result was this

"#65 -JamesG161
It stands for the guy who tastes pies at the bakers. Pie Rater. _____ Actually the first Pie Rater was Archimedes. He worked his father's bakery. He kept slicing up pies to sell them cheaper and by the slice.;) He divided in to 8th ..."

but I could not go to that link.
Jim...

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Actually the first Pie Rater was Archimedes. He worked his father's bakery. He kept slicing up pies to sell them cheaper and by the slice.;) He divided in to 8th ..."
@JamesG161 When it comes to dividing there is a fine line between the numerator and denominator... but only a fraction of people find this interesting. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
@rgranger - Is your short break from SBO now over? I noticed your signature for the first time on the above post.

JamesG161

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
but only a fraction of people find this interesting
Testing and feed back is a DULL subject:laugh:

I cant dance well, bad knee, but i can still sing.:cool:

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
@Phil Herring - Just noticed the flag under my login. I am in England, so the flag makes sense, but does it change when I change countries? I'm sure it is just registering IP addresses, but that seems a little Big Brother-ish to me.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes, the flag is determined by ip address and I agree that it is misplaced when someone is traveling. I'll see if I can modify it to use the ip address from registration.