New Design Fresh Water Tank Source

Sep 17, 2022
Catalina 22 Oolagah
Can someone steer me in the direction of a source and model number of the correct forward fresh water tank on a 1988 New Design C22? The boat didn't come with a tank and while it isn't the end of the world to not have it, I think the forward weight and convenience to pump water might just be worth it. I can find the old style sliding hatch tank but the New Design has me stumped.

George

Aug 15, 2022
Catalina 22 14790 Redwood City, CA
When I was looking thru the old forum I came across someone asking this same question. At the time the owner of Catalina direct chimed in asking how many people would be interested if they started to make one that would fit but it didn't get much traction I think. My 88 fortunately came with one but was missing the lid. I found a lid on amazon I think at the time that fit perfect but have never seen a jug that fits. Id be happy to get you dimensions/photos of mine if you would like.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Can someone steer me in the direction of a source and model number of the correct forward fresh water tank on a 1988 New Design C22? The boat didn't come with a tank and while it isn't the end of the world to not have it, I think the forward weight and convenience to pump water might just be worth it. I can find the old style sliding hatch tank but the New Design has me stumped.

George
Have you tried contacting Catalina Yachts? Their parts department may have it and prices tend to be simular to Catalina Direct if not a little cheaper. Just shoot them an email and the typically get back in a day or two.

Sep 17, 2022
Catalina 22 Oolagah
When I was looking thru the old forum I came across someone asking this same question. At the time the owner of Catalina direct chimed in asking how many people would be interested if they started to make one that would fit but it didn't get much traction I think. My 88 fortunately came with one but was missing the lid. I found a lid on amazon I think at the time that fit perfect but have never seen a jug that fits. Id be happy to get you dimensions/photos of mine if you would like.
Thank you morbidfollower, the pictures and dimensions would be very much appreciated! I believe (from an old post on the forum) that Ronco Plastics may have been the OEM supplier for tanks to Catalina. With your dimensions I should be able to zero in on which of their current offerings might work.

LakeShark, that's a great idea. I will drop them an email and keep my fingers crossed. Thank you all for your help.
George

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
This five gallon Coleman water jug fits like a glove. I drilled a tiny tiny little hole in the top of the handle part to allow air to vent in.

IMG_8572.jpg

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Ronco-plastics.com still makes all water tanks for Catalina. They have over 400 designs. With basic measurements you can find what you need . All inlets and outlets can be placed where you want them. Catalina direct sells their tanks for more $$.good luck