Need help repairing/replacing hinged mast assembly - Wind Jammer 17 boat

Apr 30, 2024
Wind Jammer 17 Jordan Lake
I am looking to replace the aluminum part (top) of my mast hinged plate. What is the part that attaches to the mast called? Is it generally attached via rivets?
Here is a picture with dimensions. Thank you.
1714486655526.png

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That looks very similar to the ones that Hunter used on their H26. I replaced mine once

Yes ... rivets hold it in place. I purchased a "mast step" and it came with both parts, the base and the insert that goes in the mast. So I think that is a good way to start a search. Who made your mast? Taking a guess I would start looking at Dwyer

1714488891552.png

And see if you can find a profile that matches the dimensions of your mast. Then order the foot for that mast.

Calipers will make the measuring process much easier.

Apr 30, 2024
Wind Jammer 17 Jordan Lake
It is a Dwyer mast, but I cannot see any specific information on the label (see attached picture). It is 23' tall.

Attachments

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
They are generally attached with rivets.
I know it looks torn up. Yours is totally functional. All the rivets do is keep the foot attached when the mast is down.

The Big challenge is going to be getting those slotted screws out when you get the new foot.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Things Change... Dwyer Masts has sold the business to Zim Sailing. Dwyer Mast & Rigging.
Where you could find mast parts pretty easily on the Dwyer website, not sure about the "Zim" website. You would need to call them and discuss what parts they have. Preliminary inspection leads me to believe they did not purchase all of Dwyer's inventory.

Your looking for a mast base. The one you seek is secured to the end of the mast using aluminum rivets. The base would be removed from the "Hinged Tabernacle" using the 2 large screws. The Tabernacle would be secured to the deck of the boat. Either screwed or through bolted to the deck or base depending on your boats configuration.

• Helpful