Jumping Cursor

Tater

Oct 26, 2021
Hunter 170 Lake Logan Martin AL
Does anyone have an unstable cursor? Mine jumps around while I type. I'm using Edge on Win11.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you are on a laptop, then it is most likely your mouse tracker pad. Not much you can do but have it replaced. Costs about $50 at best buy and the Geek Squad can change it for you.

Tater

Oct 26, 2021
If you are on a laptop....
I killed the pad in Device Manager. I hate those things. If that is the problem, I will know soon. Thanks.

OT, do you ever go to Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island? That is a must when we go to Charleston.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
I’ll put Poe’s on my list. I moved here during a pandemic so haven’t gotten a chance to check out the haunts

Tater

Oct 26, 2021
Poe's is a cafe/bar themed around the writings of Edgar Allen Poe. Poe served in the Army on Sullivans Island so it is a unique experience.

The pad is the problem. Disabling it is only temporary so I am looking for a permanent fix. Oh how I miss XP and 7.

I found it in settings. It seems permanent.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
That is a hardware malfunction and probably not related to Windows 11. I've had this happen to me twice over the years. If you contact a best buy and have them order the track pad you need, .... you can bring it in and on of the crew in the Geek Squad will swap it out in 15 min. Easy Peasy.