I am still hove-to in the marina

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes while my heart yearns to be out cruising, SV Hadley is resting in her slip - engine less. Today maybe promising change.

I on the other hand will be painting the parts of the house we remodeled. New windows, trim and dryrot fixing looks great but needs to be painted the colors to match the rest of the house.

I just posted a 2week forecast for June in the Weather Forum. It looks promising for us cruising sailors.

June 2023 As Cruising season gets under way...

Take advantage of these early summer like days. Get out ahead of the cruisers with kids. As soon as the kids get out of school the anchorages and water ways will become busy. Heading out now can get you well north, if that is your desire, and you can find secluded anchorages to enjoy before Canada Day (01 July).

If the engine returns to life, I am trying to get to Saturna for the 2023 Lamb BBQ.

I wrote about it in 2018 (Lamb Barbeque - Saturna Island - Waggoner) and have been trying to get there to enjoy the experience. Maybe this year we can celebrate my return to the island and cruising, at the BBQ.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Best of luck, John... We will be back on Thetis July 2 or 3rd.. Telegraph Harbour Marina has changed hands, some really nice changes in the works here. Would be great to connect.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hove-to in our marina as well, John. But that is about to change. June 23 is our last school day with plans to head north shortly thereafter. Getting pumped. Likely will head north and clear at Bedwell, then on up to Anette Inlet for some succulents. Michael Davis has already headed north with a hope to meet up somewhere for a brew. Says he has not been to a lamb roast in years. Still might be a hoot to attend.

Heading further north from there. Ganges has a well stocked grocery store where one can obtain those things that are not allowed crossing the border; veggies, eggs, etc. Desolation Sound for sure with several stops along the way. Lund also has a very nice grocery store.

Still have a few things to do with the boat before heading out. Change the main engine oil and filter, then a beer. Check the Racor fuel filters for water, then another beer. I've already defrosted the freezer, so need to fire it up followed by another beer. Hmm, where was I? Oh, another beer.

Hopefully, hopefully, that varoom will arrive soon so that the two of us can do some serious cruising together, eh? Looking forward to it. I can already see the SBO burgee that you gifted a few years ago in Parks Bay fluttering in the breeze.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
We will be heading north probably around the 15th. If you have it together by then…..

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Several cruises ago, three of our four flotilla boats waited more than a full week for our fourth member to do what he called, sorting his boat. He wintered his boat in Anacortes while he enjoyed the winter months in Mexico. During our wait in Parks Bay for his arrival, we enjoyed succulents, beer, wine and other stuff.

During our wait one of our other boaters on his way to Sullivan Bay, not a part of the flotilla, came charging into the Bay, dropped anchor, and announced, in jest, we all had to move because we were too close to his boat. Well that caused an uproar. To sooth our tender souls, he invited us over for skipper's night and a delightful meal.

So, John, I'll be waiting in Parks Bay for you to sort your boat, get that Varoom we've all been waiting for, then head north into the BC wilderness of sorts. While waiting, I'll have to enjoy some succulents, beer and other stuff. Maybe time to light a fire under your mechanic's bum. Just say'n.