Hunter 420 Passage Saloon Table Delaminating

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 33 Sydney, NS
There is a small section of the veneer starting to peel away from our saloon table. Does anyone have any experience repairing this and have any ideas? I was thinking of just injecting epoxy and clamping it down and hoping for the best.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
I used tite bond wood glue and some clamps. Still holding 10 years later.

Easy water clean up.

Aug 29, 2017
Hunter 33 Sydney, NS
Thanks! I will give that a go. Any tips for prep when it is only partly delaminating? What did you do for cleaning prior to gluing?

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
I gently lifted the loose tabs generously filled it with glue, clamped it and cleaned up all the excess glue with a wet towel. Very straight forward repair. My table had 2 corners that were pulling up. Still looking great and no additional delamination's.

• Helpful

kbgunn

Sep 19, 2017
2005 Hunter 33 Lake Lewisville, TX
I had a similar issue on a 2005 Hunter 38. The table top veneer was peeling off the base material. The top veneer seem to be a rubberized material. Flexible at least. I used TotalBoat two-part epoxy from a tube and clamps while it cured:
TotalBoat Thixo 2:1 Epoxy Adhesive System

There are similar products from a host of sellers. You should be able to find a local version in you part of the world.

Apr 12, 2007
Hunter 420 Herrington Harbor South
There is a small section of the veneer starting to peel away from our saloon table. Does anyone have any experience repairing this and have any ideas? I was thinking of just injecting epoxy and clamping it down and hoping for the best.
Exactly what I did 4 years ago. still good.