How do you heat your trailer sailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
MacGregor 26D and Catalina 30 26 - 30 Lancaster, CA
"Snug as a Bug In A Rug".:dance:

I used the little stove with clay pots over the flame to take the chill off and perk the coffee.
The bed covers are made of down and under us was the original cushions, plus the cockpit seat covers, plus a memory foam pad and open sleeping bags.

Next time I will put a tarp over the boom as a tent to keep off the due and add a carbon monoxide detector.

The little wife is game for more sleep-overs!!:D

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
....Next time I will put a tarp over the boom as a tent to keep off the dew and add a carbon monoxide detector.

I stack our cushions...

... in the middle of the cockpit and 'kind of' tie them down every night. They are under the bimini if it is deployed and that helps with the dew. Also the dry-fast foam and the open cushion material lets us sit on them immediately and close to that even if it rained on them. I'm kind of paranoid about the wind taking them over the side if it were to come up and hate to get out of bed in the middle of the night to tend to things in the dark.

We will probably sew some loops into the backs of them at some point that a line could past through and either leave them in place or still stack them. Stacked on end keeps the dew off the sitting part.

Glad to know you guys had a good time. We love being out on the boat overnight at some remote spot,

Sum

Our Endeavour 37

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Our MacGregor S Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
r.oril said:
"Snug as a Bug In A Rug".:dance:

I used the little stove with clay pots over the flame to take the chill off and perk the coffee.
The bed covers are made of down and under us was the original cushions, plus the cockpit seat covers, plus a memory foam pad and open sleeping bags.

Next time I will put a tarp over the boom as a tent to keep off the due and add a carbon monoxide detector.

Please explain the clay pot trick...that's a new one to me.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.