Free O'Day Outlaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Oday Outlaw Patchogue, NY NY
Maybe this should go in the classifieds but I'm not selling the boat. I'm giving it away.

I have a 1968 26' O'Day Outlaw that I just want to get rid of at this point. I bought it from my uncle 10 years ago and it was in really bad shape at the time. I spent three years fixing it up, used it for three seasons, and then let it sit in my yard since then.

I tried donating it to various charities but they won't take a boat without a trailer. The teak is in bad shape and the fiberglass is itchy, but it's still a fairly solid boat in terms of sailing. Or at least it was 4 years ago. The interior isn't much to look at either.

I have all the sails for it. I even have a brand new mainsail that I never even took out of the package. I'm keeping the outboard motor.

Basically, whoever wants to come to my house with a sailboat trailer can have it. I'd rather do that then to cut it up and bring the pieces to the dump (and the metal to a scrapyard).

I'm in Suffolk County (Long Island), NY.

Sep 25, 2008
C30 Event Horizon Port Aransas
I think you are going about this the wrong way.
Try this; Boat for sale, but for the right person I may allow them to have it. This boat is sea tested since 1968. It is so awsome, after completing the boat the designer stabbed his own eyes out because he knew he could never make anything so hardcore. I bought a new main sail but it sailed so good the way it was I didn't want to insult it by opening the package. You can have the sail if you want, use it for a blanket or something but this boat doesn't need it. This isn't one of those new sissy boats with the gelcoat all pretty like it's going to prom. NO! this is a sea warriors boat. It will take a man that's harder than woodpecker lips to own this boat. Serious inquirys only. Women will be considered also, so long as they have a way to transport it.

Aug 16, 2009
2 Sunfish Centerport
Maybe this should go in the classifieds but I'm not selling the boat. I'm giving it away.

I have a 1968 26' O'Day Outlaw that I just want to get rid of at this point. I bought it from my uncle 10 years ago and it was in really bad shape at the time. I spent three years fixing it up, used it for three seasons, and then let it sit in my yard since then.

I tried donating it to various charities but they won't take a boat without a trailer. The teak is in bad shape and the fiberglass is itchy, but it's still a fairly solid boat in terms of sailing. Or at least it was 4 years ago. The interior isn't much to look at either.

I have all the sails for it. I even have a brand new mainsail that I never even took out of the package. I'm keeping the outboard motor.

Basically, whoever wants to come to my house with a sailboat trailer can have it. I'd rather do that then to cut it up and bring the pieces to the dump (and the metal to a scrapyard).

Hi,
This is Dan. I'm in Centerport. Do you still have the O'day Outlaw?
Let me know either by email or you can call 631-754-1575 Home. 516-901-0974 Cell.
Thanks.

K7KIT

Mar 14, 2009
Balboa 20 Florence Oregon
Didnt know about the Outlaw's. Too bad you are on the Atlantic Coast. I have actually been looking for the right keel boat here in the Pacific NW for a long time.

I

iamwendy2

Is boat still looking for tender loving care?wendymcarr@hotmail.com

K

klaasmelie@yahoo.com

mainsail oday outlaw

I have an outlaw i just re-ferbed. I have been looking at used main sails but would be interested in purchasing the one you have if you are interested. My name is Melanie contact me @ 251-747-7899

Status
Not open for further replies.