"Forum Search" is Dead

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems when accessing "Forum Search" ? When I click on it, all I get is a white screen. First noticed this problem about three weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas, smart remarks, ridicule, or whatever else you may have to offer.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Ralph, it should be fixed now -- at least from the forum, classifieds, and resources pages. Let me know when you run into problems like that, as they're often on the server side and if not we can usually point you to a source of support.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
On edit - I see Phil just posted a response…while I was typing this in…

I access SBO from an iPad. I just entered “Ralph” in the search member box (it prompted me with your full name), and came up with :
3F390B98-542B-47B2-A58D-FE55272E20C0.png

That seems to work ok.

What are you using to access SBO?
How do you get to the search? The big search box in the banner or something else?

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Thanks Phil,

Everything is back in working order.

Let me know when you run into problems like that, as they're often on the server side
Yes, how very true. I had the attitude that if the problem was on the server side, everyone else would be jumping up and down .................... buy they weren't, so it must be my problem so go look for it.

Anyway, you get the idea why I didn't say anything for three weeks.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Yes, how very true. I had the attitude that if the problem was on the server side, everyone else would be jumping up and down .................... buy they weren't, so it must be my problem so go look for it.

Me, too.

Thx, Phil.

Jan 4, 2006
What are you using to access SBO?
I use a PC which gives me a screen something like this:

1643691160657.png

After hitting "Forum search" this is what one usually sees:

1643734819554.png

Go to "Advanced Search Again" and:

1643734928823.png

Every filter you can imagine and you're off to the races.

Interesting that you say you access SBO from an iPad. I pulled over my Android Galaxy pad (can't afford an iPad) and looked up SBO. Looks like a different layout from what you show so I imagine every device has a different layout.

I think I'll stick to my PC as it gives the most straight forward layout IMO. Just the advantage of more space for a better layout I would imagine

Speaking about Pads, I originally got the Android just to pair with my borescope when looking behind walls when I installed the new 1-1/2" discharge hose for the new Raritan head. Gives a better view when crawling around back there.

Right now I'm trying to get it to mirror my iPhone (that time I splurged) so I can have a close look at my Espar heater down in a rear lazarette. I intend to use the iPhone on a stick to get close to the heater and look at the output on the Android. There is no way in hell a full grown adult can get anywhere near the heater and I suspect the installer used a midget 23 years ago for the install. Right now I'm looking for a little kid to go in there and permanently remove just one wire from the heater while I watch with the iPhone. I really wish they hadn't abolished child labour in the last century.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I use a PC which gives me a screen something like this:

View attachment 202230

After hitting "Forum search" this is what one usually sees:

View attachment 202236

Go to "Advanced Search Again" and:

View attachment 202237

Every filter you can imagine and you're off to the races.

Interesting that you say you access SBO from an iPad. I pulled over my Android Galaxy pad (can't afford an iPad) and looked up SBO. Looks like a different layout from what you show so I imagine every device has a different layout.

I think I'll stick to my PC as it gives the most straight forward layout IMO. Just the advantage of more space for a better layout I would imagine

Speaking about Pads, I originally got the Android just to pair with my borescope when looking behind walls when I installed the new 1-1/2" discharge hose for the new Raritan head. Gives a better view when crawling around back there.

Right now I'm trying to get it to mirror my iPhone (that time I splurged) so I can have a close look at my Espar heater down in a rear lazarette. I intend to use the iPhone on a stick to get close to the heater and look at the output on the Android. There is no way in hell a full grown adult can get anywhere near the heater and I suspect the installer used a midget 23 years ago for the install. Right now I'm looking for a little kid to go in there and permanently remove just one wire from the heater while I watch with the iPhone. I really wish they hadn't abolished child labour in the last century.
I use my iPad for most tasks…but have a laptop if I really need windows, or a bigger screen.

i don’t have a horoscope, but have wedged my iPhone into some interesting places trying to get an idea the condition of various things…
i can’t see the badge plate on my tranny, so I shoved my iPhone in there and snapped a photo, so I could read the badge plate…
74E91A0D-BBAF-41AB-8627-AF32AABA75E6.jpeg

I was trying to press the coupling off my prop shaft using a socket between the plate and the shaft…it would not budge. I pulled the socket out and used my iPhone to get a look inside the end of the coupling (no Way to get my head in there)…realized the socket was too big and was actually resting on the shoulder of the coupling…so no way it was going to push the shaft out…
0AD9D2BF-AE63-4FEB-A521-93C38F14B077.jpeg

And just for fun,I was trying to get a look under the engine pan of my O’Day 322.…to see what all was under there.

But a boroscope would come in handy!

Greg

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Thanks Phil,

Everything is back in working order.

Question is, do you remember what you were looking for?

Jan 4, 2006
i don’t have a horoscope, but have wedged my iPhone into some interesting places trying to get an idea the condition of various things…
I've done that a few times before, but this time I've got to see everything in live time when I wedge that little kid in there to cut that wire. I used to use my grandaughters for jobs like that but they're 17 and 20 now and a little big for that.

This is a #20 wire which is designed to be on a 5A fuse but the installer cut a corner and fused all wiring into the heater's 25A fuse. The heavy wiring is for the igniter. Just lucky for 23 years that none of the five #20 signal wires misbehaved. I's say that's a boat fire BY DESIGN and without the relocation project, I wouldn't have known any different.

I've GOT TO get the Android to mirror the iPnone by hook or by crook because nothing else seems to work.

Jan 4, 2006
Yes, I suppose I could do it using something like Facetime or Skype but I can't afford another iPhone.

Now, if I didn't have a boat, I could easily afford another iPhone. And if I didn't have a boat, I wouldn't have an Espar heater, and if ............................................

You get the picture.